Episode 21

Words from the Author:

I believe this episode will be a bit difficult for me to write. I'm really debating about what to put, although I do have something to start off with. I also have a few ideas that I would like to have in this episode, but I have to see if they fit well enough with the partial image I have. I just need to come up with what this episode will be as a whole. Improvising is pretty much the basis of my creativity, so I guess I'll have to rely on that again. This is seriously going to test me because my mind is coming up with way too many blanks. Wish me, luck. Neon Genesis Evangelion is owned by Gainax and I make no claim of owning it.

Episode 21: Death Is The Only Thing That Can Never Be Avoided In Life

With the battle between Nero and Kaworu concluded, the following day arrives at the new hideout for SEELE. It's early in the morning over there, and at this very moment, there's a meeting between the top five members. They seem to be having a hard time deciding on what to do next. The five members are having their meeting in a room that's illuminated by a glass ceiling that allows the sun to shine into the room while they're sitting at a pretty long, rectangular table. Thanks to the light from the sun, the room is revealed to be quite large while only having one way to exit, which the exit is a large automatic door that's located at a small distance behind Keel. Like always, Keel's at the end of the table while there are two members towards his left and the other two are towards his right.

SEELE 03's attention is towards the left to look at Keel with a serious expression while leaning on the table as he's sitting on the right of SEELE 02. "Keel... You mind telling us why only the five of us are having this meeting? Don't you think the other members have the right to be here to help decide what our next move will be?"

Keel looks at SEELE 03 with no real emotion while currently imitating Gendo's pose until putting his hands down on the table and says with a stern tone after getting a bit serious, "It's not really that. I just saw it as being more convenient for just the five of us to talk over what we'll be doing next instead of having the entire group. Anyway, I'll let them know what we decide in this meeting. It's not like I'm leaving them out of the plan." Keel gives SEELE 03 a slightly devious smirk. "Does that answer your question?"

SEELE 03 nods while maintaining his seriousness to a certain level. "Indeed, now tell us... What do you think should be our next move? After losing a pilot as valuable as Nero and having to abandon the 4th Branch before it was destroyed, we're in a tight situation. Plus, we couldn't stay in America in general since there was no possible way to conceal that incident. That's why we're here, after all."

SEELE 04 gives out a short, arrogant laugh with his arms folded as he's leaning against his chair while gazing at SEELE 03 and says with a blatant tone, "I say good riddance to Nero!" SEELE 04 veers his attention to Keel with a criticizing expression while suddenly punching the table with his right hand. "You were too dependent on him from the beginning. Because of that, we were highly vulnerable when he betrayed us!"

With that said, SEELE 04 smiles in an evil way and says with a harsh tone, "Anyway, he may have been a great pilot, but he wasn't THAT great! He did lose to Tabris, after all!" He starts to laugh in a maniacal manner with his head cocked back while having removed his right fist from the table.

Keel focus on SEELE 04 with no real emotion being displayed. After that, the Chairmen sighs with his eyes closed as his head's lowered a little and says with a plain tone, "You are correct. I was too dependent on Nero." He then slowly looks at SEELE 04 with a serious stare. "But I was dependent on him because it was of great importance to have him on our side for our plan."

SEELE 04 raises his right eyebrow while giving Keel a skeptical look. "Is that for a fact?!" He's then overcome with annoyance, quickly gets up from his seat and slams both hands on the table. "Why is that?! You never once justified us with an explanation of why Nero was so important!"