Episode 1

Words from the Author:

It's good to be back! After writing the 2nd Branch of NERV Story, I was really motivated to write my next Fan-fiction for Evangelion. As a result, I'm going to start on it, but it may take me a while before I get into the swing of things. Now, I'm going to give you a quick summary of what my idea is for this story/series. (I still like the idea of calling it a series) My series takes place after the 3rd Impact and the story will obviously start right where the End of Evangelion had left off. I will be taking ideas from other sources when writing the episodes, but I will be mostly using my ideas. Most of what I will be using from another source aside myself is from Hideaki Anno, who is obviously the creator of Evangelion and I will always give him credit because he did make the series and the movies. I really hope that you guys enjoy it as much as the 2nd Branch Story and if you didn't read the 2nd Branch story then that's alright... For now. This here is a Fan-fiction and I do not claim owning Neon Genesis Evangelion at all because that would be disrespecting the great Anno.

Episode 1: Starting Over From Near Destruction

The scene starts with Shinji still on top of Asuka as he continues crying. Asuka currently has her right hand, which is the limb that's heavily bandaged, on his left cheek. Everything around them has been destroyed and, right behind Shinji, is the lake of blood that was created from the cutting of the giant Rei's head with half of its face continually shown on the bloody lake's surface. Additionally, the small cross that Misato had given to Shinji is nailed to a piece of wood sticking out from the ground nearby. Disturbingly enough, it appears like the giant head is staring directly at Shinji with a creepy expression. 

At that exact moment, a giant splash reverberates and it appears that Eva Unit 01 has crashed into the bloody lake, still in a fossilized-like state. Then, the mechanical entity slowly sinks to the bottom of the blood-filled lake as Shinji and Asuka don't react to the noise.

Shinji keeps crying, having his head down with his eyes closed, as he thinks, "What the hell am I doing?! I chose to come back, but like an idiot, I'm trying to kill Asuka! What the hell's wrong with me?!"

Asuka looks at Shinji with an emotionless expression and utters in a bland tone, "I feel sick, Idiot. And you sitting on me isn't helping."

Shinji instantly opens his eyes while quite surprised, gazes up at Asuka and suddenly smiles amidst faintly uttering, "I'm sorry." He gets off Asuka and sits to her left. Afterwards, the 3rd Child sets his sights toward the bloody lake as the giant Rei head is gradually submerging within the lake and then thinks with a smirk, "That was so typical of her. She had to make a comment like that for me to finally snap out of it." Shinji chuckles while closing his eyes.

Asuka turns her head to focus on him with a hint of irritation due to Shinji's sudden laughter. "What's so funny?" The red-head slowly sits up while staring at Shinji and speaks with annoyance in her voice. "I said I don't feel good and all you do is laugh! What the hell, you idiot?!"

Shinji throws his head back, laughing during his following thought process. "This is one of the reasons why I came back! How could I have possibly imagined my life without her insulting me like this?!"

Asuka gets even more irritated because of Shinji laughing again as she glares at him until realizing that her left eye is covered and touches it with her right hand with confusion brimming. "How the hell is my eye bandaged?!" She then puts her hand down while viewing it and makes a dumbfounded expression. "And my right hand too!"

Shinji stops his laughter and demonstrates a concerned conduct while steering his head toward her to rebuttal. "I don't know. You were like that when I came back."

Asuka concentrates her vision toward Shinji with confusion still noted on her face. "When you came back?"

Shinji plainly nods before directing his attention towards the bloody lake as he curls up into a ball, lying his head on his arms. "Yeah. I came back... Because I want to stay here with everyone. Even though I've been through a lot of pain, I'm willing to go through more to keep what's important to me."