Episode 10

Words from the Author:

I'll keep this short. I'm not entirely sure how this episode will turn out. I do know you all will be reading something very familiar, but I won't be giving any hints. I just really hope I do a good job on this episode and I'll be taking my time since I've been writing a lot lately. Well, enjoy. Neon Genesis Evangelion belongs to Anno and I make no claim of owning it.

Episode 10: The Name That Stands For Strength and Powerful

After Nero's victory over the aquatic Eva, everyone returned to Japan as Misato tried to confront Gendo once they arrived, however, the Commander and Fuyutsuki had left for a meeting with Japan's government involving their progress in battling SEELE. The fact that she couldn't immediately talk to Gendo upsets the purple-haired woman quite a bit, but chooses to let it go until a better opportunity comes forth. Misato was then notified by Ritsuko that Gendo has ordered that Nero would live with them as well, which brings up their current issue. They're all presently inside the apartment while some of the children are in the kitchen with Misato and Kaji explaining to Nero about the arrangements as they're near the couch that's facing towards the living room's television.

Nero's leaning against the back part of the couch amidst looking at the adult couple, who are in front of him, with curiosity. "So, what's the situation?"

Misato exhibits an unsure expression. "Well... You could live in the living room." She points toward the couch that Nero's resting upon via her right hand. "You'd sleep there..." The Colonel promptly points to the couch Mari usually sleeps on as she keys onto it. "Mari's already using that one." Misato puts her hand down and reverts her gaze to Nero.

Nero slants head to the right with skepticism displayed while raising the corresponding eyebrow. "Don't you think that's a bit inappropriate?"

Touji gets a tad irritated and is standing at the left side of the room where his quarters' located as Hikari's on his right. "If ya haven't noticed, we're all sleepin' in the same room with the person we love! So for ya to say that...!" He closes his eyes and cringes for a moment before glaring at Nero with intensity. "It really pisses me off!"

Hikari pulls onto Touji's right arm via both hands as she says while concern's showing, "Calm down, Suzuhara...!"

Nero veers his concentration to Touji with no real emotion. "As you can see, I have no one like that here. What I just said was in reference to only myself. I wasn't talking about any of you."

Touji's annoyance temporarily persists, although ends up smiling without warning while attempting to act cool. "Considerin' ya look like Shinji, Mari might quit bugging him and go after you." He glimpses at Mari with a slightly arrogant smirk.

Nero portrays mild agitation and thinks, "Seems he forgot I don't appreciate being compared to others."

Mari grins as she briefly views Touji prior to turning her attention to Asuka, who's situated beside Shinji, while near the kitchen table and utters in a cocky manner, "She wishes."

Asuka delivers a fierce glare toward Mari while vaguely growling.

Shinji instantly registers Asuka's demeanor with worry noted and says in a delicate way, "Now relax, Asuka. You don't need to get mad."

In the meantime, Nero watches the group of teens with an indifferent behavior until setting his vision on up Misato as she's also observing the other children while asking in a curious tone, "Hey, Misato...?"

Misato locks her sight onto Nero with a hint of intrigue. "What is it, Nero?"

Nero sinks his hands within his pockets while analyzing the surroundings of the apartment. "How many bedrooms are there?"