Episode 8

Words from the Author:

I'm doing a great job with how long it takes me to finish my episodes. When I wrote the 2nd Branch Story, it took me over two years to finish it and it was only fifteen episodes long while some were quite shorter than the others. With Forever Intertwined, I'm already at episode 8 and they're each of significant lengths. This is a huge improvement considering I've made it this far in only three weeks.  Now let's get started and once again, for good measure, I don't own Neon Genesis Evangelion. This story is just a Fan Fiction that I just wanted to write.

Episode 8: Offer Accepted From A Mysterious Child

Although the issue with Touji's rejection wasn't resolved, it was pushed aside for the time being as everyone hopes that it won't arise again when they have to fight against SEELE's Evas. Many days then go by until arriving to the 9th grade entrance exam. Mari also participates in taking the test so that all the children can have the possibility of going into the next grade together, even though she doesn't really need to since she's technically already qualified. The examination's roughly five hours long and for Touji, who's been freaking out the most over the exam, thinks that this is torture. Once they finished, the teens will have to wait a few days before discovering the result, amplifying Touji's torture due to believing he failed while still bothered by his unsuccessful sync test with Hikari trying to make him feel better, but doesn't get anywhere.

Meanwhile, another problem transpires in the apartment because of Mari's interest in Shinji continuing, causing Asuka to enter into multiple arguments with the glasses-wearing female. During that, Shinji tries to reassure Asuka that she has nothing to worry, however, the redhead maintains her guard around Mari. The day persists, reaching 11:00 PM while NERV's personnel are working hard, which includes Misato thanks to her work lasting until very late. The focus is now on Gendo and Fuyutsuki, who are in the Commander's office, prior to Gendo's phone suddenly starting to ring while attached to the right side of his desk.

Gendo, in his usual pose, looks at the phone out of the corner of his eyes before slowly maneuvering his right hand to reach for it while putting his left hand on top of his desk. He promptly answers the phone placing it onto his right ear and observes the space in front of himself. "Ikari."

A boy's voice responds in a smart-ass manner. "Guess who?"

Gendo's eyes widen a little and peers at the ceiling while surprise shows itself. "Is this...?"

The boy cuts Gendo off with a vaguely urgent tone. "Don't say it. Knowing you, Fuyutsuki should be next to you, right?"

In response to the mysterious character's words, Gendo calmly glances at Fuyutsuki as he sees that the Sub-Commander's watching him from his right with seriousness notably exhibited. Following that, NERV's leader peers down at his desk and says with a composed tone, "It's been a long time."

The boy chuckles with a casual tone swiftly replacing his previous one, "Well, since the last time we chatted, some time has passed for sure... Enough with the small talk tough. I called 'cause I want to know something."

Gendo sets his gaze ahead of himself and emanates a hint of tension. "What would that be?"

Having heard Gendo's question, the boy's displayed to be inside a dark room, sitting atop a bed with his legs crossed while his right hand is placed on the bed for leverage, as his face isn't visible due to the room solely receiving light from a laptop on a desk located beside the individual. The laptop is currently directed in the opposite direction from the boy and possess his cellular up to his left ear with the hand that it corresponds to while cheerfully smiling. "The offer you once gave me... Can I accept it now?" He momentarily pauses and tilts his head to the right. "Or is it too late?"