Bdubs

"Thermos! Give!" Percy yelled.

Tyson thankfully understood (better than Bdubs did) and handed Percy a metal container.

"Hold on!"

"Grian!" Annabeth screamed.

"I am!" Bdubs yelled.

"Tighter!"

He opened the container, and then suddenly their ninety-degree angle turned into a fourty-five degree angle.

Annabeth was still screaming even after they hit the water, and it only took a second for Bdubs to realize why.

As they sped away from the ship, Bdubs noticed that someone was missing. He looked up at the deck of the ship that, now that it was morning, he could see had golden letters along the side that read Princess Andromeda. On the deck, Grian was being dragged away from the edge by a couple of half-bloods.

It took all of Bdubs' willpower not to jump in the water and swim back.

"We have to turn around!" he said instead.

Percy finally noticed and veered the boat in a hairpin turn.

"What are we doing?" Tyson yelled over the rush of water and air.

"Saving Grian!" Percy yelled back.

But they all knew that if they tried, they would die. There was still a horde of monsters on board, eagerly watching them come back. Grian was nowhere in sight.

"It's not going to work," Bdubs realized. "YOU'RE GOING TO GET US KILLED!"

"I'm going to get us killed?" Percy asked.

"Percy, stop!" Tyson whimpered. "I don't want to go back!"

Percy seemed to realize that there was a less experienced fighter on board. He closed the thermos and just let them drift.

"If I know Luke, and I think I do-" Annabeth started.

"Do you?" Percy muttered dryly.

There was a silence.

"He won't kill Grian," Annabeth finished, less confidently. "He's probably going to try to turn him first. We have some time."

Bdubs had to agree, even though he had known Luke for much less time. Grian could also be used as a bargaining chip. He was much more valuable to the monster army alive than dead.

Probably.

Bdubs didn't know what he would do if another Hermit died.

Maybe they should stop coming to Camp Half-Blood, if they kept getting killed.

NO! Grian's not dead. He's probably picking a lock or something to get out.

If he was dead, Bdubs was going to kill him. As in, stomp down to the Underworld, find his spirit, and throw him in a ravine.

But he couldn't do that yet, because Percy was opening the thermos again. And before he knew it, Annabeth was pointing at a bay, and then they were pulling in.

It was a humid, swampy area, much denser and muddier than the swamps back in Hermitcraft. Although, if Bdubs remembered right, they would be getting some new mangrove swamps pretty soon that would be much more like the ones in this world.

Except they wouldn't have this many mosquitoes. As soon as they drifted into a little river area, Bdubs found himself swatting every two seconds and a big that was too quick to catch.

"Cover the boat," Annabeth said. "We don't want to make it obvious.

The campsite that she had picked out looked like a patch of brambles, but then she moved aside a bush almost like a door.