Ren

Being a guinea pig sucked.

Leaving Gem on an island with an evil sorceress also sucked.

Not knowing where everyone else after their ship blew up sucked as well.

Ren's day just generally sucked.

He knew Clarisse was feeling the same way when she muttered curse words under her breath as she rowed their boat with a stolen oar. Whoever owned it was probably off in some classroom getting fawned over by a bunch of elementary-aged kids anyway.

Meanwhile, Ren was sitting on a bench of a rowboat that was way to big for him, being absolutely unhelpful to his big sister and craving lettuce.

He was very sick of being a guinea pig. Hopefully when they went back for Gem, she would have learned enough to turn him back.

She had seemed almost disturbed at the offer to learn magic. And that thing she had said - about how she had done it before, and it hadn't ended well - well Ren had to assume it was from another SMP, unless she had gone for the lore route.

LORELORELORELORELORELORELOREguys what if Ren joined empires
I think I need Ren on empires now

"Are we going for the Fleece?" Ren asked. Or tried, but it came out as REET REET REEEEEEEET.

"I can't understand you," Clarisse growled. "You got yourself turned into a guinea pig, in case you forgot."

Ren squeaked angrily that it wasn't his fault.

"Are we still going for the Fleece?"

Ren reeted that he was trying to ask that.

"I'll take that as a yes," Clarisse said.

That was fine with Ren.

So they kept rowing.

Circe's island faded in the distance, and their surroundings went back to water, water, and - you guessed it - even more water!

Finally, they saw land again - but it wasn't their destination.

"Sirens," Clarisse said. "We need earplugs."

"Just go way around it," Ren tried to suggest.

Clarisse was rummaging in the pack of supplies she had managed to salvage - some rope, an extra t-shirt, a bottle of lotion from Circe's island, several bottles of mineral water that were also from Circe's island, and a nearly empty canteen of nectar.

Clarisse ripped up a couple pieces of the t-shirt and stuffed them in her ears, then took the remains of said t-shirt and wrapped Ren up in them.

Ren felt the air get stuffy really quickly, but he couldn't hear anything so at least that was good.

They passed the island of the Sirens without incident. Ren couldn't see anything happening because of the mass of orange that filled his vision, but when Clarisse let him out of the bundle of t-shirt, the island was nowhere in sight and there was nothing but open ocean.

Ren was pretty sure he was going insane when he squeaked something at Clarisse and she actually replied, although it wasn't an answer to his question.

The had an entire conversation like that. It was pretty one-sided, but they talked about the weather, the island they had left a few hours ago, annoying Athena kids, etc.

Well, Clarisse talked about annoying Athena kids. Ren refused to say anything bad about Annabeth or Zedaph, wherever they may be.

Okay, well maybe he did badmouth a couple of the more annoying Athena kids. But nobody was there to understand him anyway.