Gem

Prepare to cringe as you have never cringed before, I can't do pirates

~~~

They found her in the bushes.

It turned out they had also captured Reyna and her sister Hylla. So at least Gem wouldn't be alone when they dragged her off to gods knew where.

They found a boat, Gem didn't really know what type. But it wasn't the pirate ship that Percy, Annabeth, and Bdubs had stolen. That was... stolen. It was a different boat, that looked like said pirate ship but wasn't as big.

Gem, Reyna, and Hylla were tied to the mast, because the pirates didn't really seem to know what else to do with them. Gem heard some of them have a little chat about "walking the plank," which scared her more than she wanted to admit to Reyna and Hylla. Gem couldn't swim long enough to get to land.

The water around them slowly turned from bright green to the normal prismarine blue. Gem took that to mean that they had left the Sea of Monsters. And that was even more scary than walking the plank, because the further they got from the Sea of Monsters, the further they got from Gem's friends... and hope of rescue.

Finally, the captain came to talk to them. Gem was pretty sure Annabeth had called him Blackbeard.

"Hi," Reyna said.

"So you're the servants of the witch!" Blackbeard accused.

"Witch?" Hylla asked. "No, she's actually quite kind to us."

"Rodents, we were!" Blackbeard yelled vengefully. "Mere rodents in a cage!"

You sound like Ren, Gem thought, but she didn't say that out loud. Instead, she asked a question that probably wasn't important right now but she really wanted to know: "Who won the screech-off?"

"Aye, the lad with the mossy cloak," Blackbeard grunted. "But that does not matter now! Should he return, I will easily out-screech him!"

Reyna and Hylla both wore expressions of amusement, and Gem suspected that hers was similar.

"I doubt that," Hylla said. "He's pretty loud."

"He can be quiet when he needs to be," Gem told her, maybe not entirely truthfully but believing it... somewhere.

Okay, not really.

"Hurry up and tell us what we need to do to get off this ship," Reyna said. "I don't have all day."

Blackbeard looked a little bit impressed. "Well, ye can walk the plank!"

"She means what will it take for you to drop us off on land," Gem said.

"Yeah, that," Reyna said.

"If ye wanna get off this ship," Blackbeard said, giving them a horrible yellow-toothed grin that smelled like rotting vegetables. "Ye gotta earn it."

~~~

I'm cringing from writing that but it's a necessary part of the plot so don't mind me-

Also sorry for the shorter chapter today, I couldn't think of much to write

- Indigo