Chapter 18

The next few days were very quiet between the two Males.

Taehyung hadn't talked to Jungkook even once and The raven hadn't tried approaching him either.

Taehyung had been making his own food and reading and doing his own work, seeming completely okay with how things were.

The raven however felt like he had failed at his job, Even though he had never known Raphaels plan he had hurt Taehyung.

Just by being around the boy he hurt him, because he would never want to be the boys mate. Taehyung was a little boy. He was like a son to Jungkook there was no way he could ever be sexually or emotionally attracted to the fox.

He knew that this would ultimately hurt Taehyung because Jungkook knew what a mate bond was like for Hybrids. If he rejected Taehyung it would be mentally draining for him.

He sat at the bar of the kitchen, typing on his computer when Taehyung got up for a snack. Reaching into the fridge he pulled out some left overs and stuck them in the microwave silently.

The buzz of the microwave only made it more awkward between the two as they refused to look at each other.

They both jumped when the machine beeped, Taehyung reaching in to grab his plate before setting it on the counter opposite of Jungkook.

"I never asked for any of this." Taehyung finally spoke breaking their pack of silence, making Jungkook jump again forgetting what the male sounded like all together.

"I never asked to be born, or locked in this lab. And I definitely never asked for my caregiver to be my mate." This made Jungkooks stomach queasy hearing the word mate again, feeling sick.

"But I know I will grow into a wonderful person, and if you aren't open to that you will surely miss out." With that he grabbed his silverware and started to eat his food.

Guilt made Jungkooks stomach flip again as he returned to his work, trying his best to continue typing on his paperwork.

But even the idea of giving Taehyung a chance, even in the future as a possible lover made Jungkook want to puke. He really couldn't bring himself to the idea after raising the boy.

It felt to much like being a pedophile, even if This "Mate bond" existed, It was simply to much for the older .

"Goodnight Jungkook." Taehyung pushed his dish into the sink and walked passed the man, making Jungkook sigh.

Maybe Jungkook would just act like nothing happened for a while, it would be healthy for things to get back to normal.