Nineteen 𓆩♡𓆪

By the time you'd finished showering and shaving it was only ten thirty. You spent another half an hour with make up that was meant to look effortless despite taking quite a bit of effort. Another thirty minutes melted away tugging piece after piece from your closet picking out the perfect outfit. It felt too familiar to Wednesday night when you'd shuffled through your lingerie like a playlist.

You knew it didn't matter to Chansun what you were wearing, this would likely go so quickly that he'd not even notice blue panties vs white. Chansun wasn't the type to be romantic or draw out the encounter, you both knew what you wanted and fulfilled your part.

Outfit settled you returned your room to a habitable state once more and headed to the living room. You sat down at your keyboard and sighed. You knew you better put something down, record a couple things in case he wanted to pretend he was interested. In fact he was probably going to be very interested and some scribbles on a page wouldn't fool him.

Your fingertip dragged along a key, it felt cool to the touch, and you remembered the long hours you'd spent in front of it. Your chest ached remembering the letter, you'd been infinitely full of hope, you were finally about to cross the finish line. You suddenly wanted to be anywhere else but sitting with the shiny white keys reflecting the light next to you.

You couldn't run from this, you'd opened this door now you had to walk through. You started humming, it was the same thing that had been trapped in your head a couple days ago on your walk with Nabi. The power button glowed red when you slid it upward with your fingernail, a tentative tap against E filled the small room with noise. The sound almost made you shiver, it definitely raised goosebumps on your arms.

Two hours later you stood and stretched, eyes widening realizing you'd almost entirely blanked out your focus so complete. Sheet music was filled, some papers more black sharpie lines than penciled notes, but your chest felt full. You pressed the rewind for a moment on your recorder then play and the notes filled your apartment, you swallowed hard to not cry.

You'd made that, you'd created that vibrant melody. You leaned over the sheet music and scribbled a title then turned off the keyboard. You made your way to the kitchen determined to remind yourself this was just to get even with the villainous Jung Hoseok, it didn't mean anything. Tomorrow you'd pack it up and move it to the back of the hall closet.

You ate a quick lunch and sat on your couch, grabbing a book you'd ignored for months. Chansun would be here in less than thirty minutes and you didn't think you had the stomach to sit at the keyboard any longer. You pulled your phone out for the first time all day returning the book to forgotten and responded to Suyee and Ji-woo.

SY: Still upset?

YN: I'm doing alright I'm feeling better actually

SY: Your appa said you picked up some music stuff??!

YN: Don't make a big deal out of it

You knew he was going to tell her, he'd been nearly as close to her as you, and they were partners in crime when it came to bullying you back into music.

JW: How are you?

YN: I'm feeling better today, let's sign the papers on Monday

JW: Are you sure? Hoseokie was acting weird last night and I wondered if maybe he'd made things worse

You froze at her response, why would she know how he was acting? She'd not stayed in the apartment any longer than you had. Did she go back and yell at him for putting her nanny at risk of quitting? You could imagine all 160cm of her scolding her little brother with vehemence.