Sixteen

I was searching another car with good stuff. Why was I so lucky? I grabbed another shopping bag and started packing it up. Medication, food, water and some more clothing. It wasn't a lot but everything counts. I brought it back and everyone looked at me. "Are you sure that's mot the bag you got earlier?" Shane commented. "I'm just lucky today, I guess." I replied as I put the heavy bag down next to the other.

"You wanna help movin' the cars around?" Shane asked.

"You sure you don't want to use my luck on the scavenging?" I replied with a sarcastic glance on my face.

"I'm sure, Emris." He said teasingly.

"Alright then, let's get moving."

All I had to do was control the steering wheel while Shane pushed the car forward. After a couple cars Carol walked up to Dale. He was working on the RV. They had a short conversation wich I could not hear. I walked closer. 

"But we're not going anywhere 'till  my daughter gets back." I heard Carol say as I got closer.

"Hey, that goes without saying." Lori told her.

"Look, Rick and Daryl, they're on it, okay? Just a matter of time." Shane told Carol trying to reasure her.

"Can't be soon enough for me." Andrea joined, "I'm still freaked out by thst herd thet passed us by. Or whaterver you'd call it."

Yeah, what was that?" Glenn asked, "All of them just marcing along like that?"

"Herd. That sounds about right.We've seen it. It's like the night camp got attacked. Some wandering pack, only fewer..." Shane commented, "Okay, come on people. We still got a lot to do. Let's stay on it. Let's go, come on" He changed the subject and I chose to go back to scavenging. Andrea was helpng Shane now.

I did no have much luck this time. All of the cars I searched were close to empty. I moved from car to car until I heard a scream. I jogged towards it and figured out it was Carl who had found a bunch of weapons. I turned around and went back to searching cars when I saw that everything was fine.

I saw a truck and opened it. I almost threw up. It was a bunch of dead bodies wrapped up in white blankets. Not to mention the terrible smell and the billions of flies. I hated insects with wings mosquito's, flies, wasps all those kind of things. Terrilble. All the flies flew out of the truck and sort of attacked me. Stumbled back and tripped.

Fuck

There was a piece of glass on the ground and I cut myself to it. I grunted in paind and frustratedly kicked a car's tire and twisted my ankle. 

My day could not get any better, could it.

I let out a frustrated scream and within moments half the group was standing next to me. 

"Are you okay?" Glenn asked me worriedly.

"Apart from a medium deep cut and a twisted ankle, yeah." I replied.

Shane and him helped me up and I struggled to get back to the RV while leaning on Glenn for support. "I guess your luck is over." He commented while I let out my 5th frustrated sigh. 

"I guess so."

When we finally made it back to the RV I was down on the backseat inside it. My ass and very painful foot on the bench while staring at my cut. 

A couple minutes later Glenn came walking with one of the medpacks I found. He put it in the small table and opened it. "I don't.. I don't really know what any of this stuff is."

"That's okay. I do. I can teach you, if you want."

"Sure" He replied happily. 

"Grab the bandages, some tape and the disinfectant." 

He followed my instructions. I further explained what he had to do and he did. My wound was burning now because of the desinfection stuff, that was a good sign. Glenn had taped the badage down so I wouldn't have to hold it all the time. 

I took a look at my ankle. It had a huge bump on it. I was surpised it wasn't broken. Did I really hit that tire that hard? 

It was getting dark. I stubbornly stumbled my way out of the RV. Eveyone told me to stay on my ass but I didn't listen. Andrea was talking about her gun being 'stolen'. She annoyed me a lot. She disscused with Dale and lost of course. Glenn came towards me. "You're supposed to sit down, you know?"

"Yeah... I am not much of a listener of advise." I said with a chuckle, "No sign of them yet?" I looked over to the woods.

"Nope"

I let out a soft sigh and turned around to hopscotch back to the RV. "Oh my god, they're back!" I heard Glenn say when I was halfway back. There was no Sophia. Glenn helped me to get to the group. He was one of the nicest. 

Daryl glanced at me. He looked at my bandage and the my foot. wasn't wearing a shoe because it was to swollen. He remained quiet at me though he tried to explain to Carol why they stopped looking. 

Rick and him explained to all of us what we were going to do. They cut open a walker to make sure it didn't eat Sophia. I almost threw up in my mouth. 

Carol sat down on the guide rail. "How could you just leave her out there to begin with? How could you just leave her?" she angerly threw at Rick. He explained again why he did and how he thought in that moment. Shane backed him up but Carol did not buy any of it. I did, I belived Rick. I might've done the same if I was in his shoes. Carol broke down in tears.