Part 7

Why did I agree to meet Hallie on Friday?

Where was I even going to meet Hallie on Friday?

How the fuck was I about to pull this off? Going on a date with my best friends off limit sister?

I had been talking to Hallie all week- and also talking to Victoria.

I missed living with her. My first year at the University, when I was a junior, was tough. I lived in the upperclassmen dorms, and I was roommates with a girl named Olivia. She would always try to get me to go out and party with her, and I was not interested. I was pretty much traumatized from the years before in my life and had nothing in me to go out and party. Once Olivia figured this out- she wanted nothing to do with me. We barely spoke.

Victoria was in one of elective classes. I spoke to her every so often, but I was pretty quiet overall. However, she asked me one day at the end of my junior year if I knew what my living situation was going to be the next year.

"I am not sure. Why?" I asked her.

"I need a roommate." she said, "The girl who was going to be my roommate bailed on me."

I thought for a moment.

"You seem nice enough." I said, "I'll live with you."

She chuckled, "Thanks, Alina."

I had no idea we would wind up becoming the best of friends.

Naturally, I was feeling guilty about hanging out with her sister behind her back.

To my surprise, Hallie called me on Friday morning at 11 AM.

I was not really used to girls calling me before we formally hung out.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked her. I got butterflies when I saw her name appear on my phone.

"Hey!" she said cheerfully, "Are we still on for tonight?"

"Unless something has changed on your end, yes." I said.

"Oh! Good!" Hallie said, and then paused, "What would you like to do?"

"Well, I would think that you would have to come up to me, or we would meet halfway somewhere." I said, "Unless you don't drive and I can pick you up inconspicuously."

"I can drive to you." Hallie said, "I have a car. That's no problem. I think for now that would be the safest bet."

"Since you're like an hour away I'll give you gas money." I said.

"No need!" Hallie said back.

"I'm going to. Don't argue it." I said, "When you get here, I can take us somewhere. I have not lived here before, I just moved in with my brother. So we can find a place together."

"That sounds perfect." Hallie said, "I'm looking forward to see you."

Me too. I am so excited to see you, Hallie. I really want to get to know you. Just the thought is making me giddy and I literally have not felt this way for years.

"Same." I said, "I'll text you my address."

The day went on, and Hallie said that she would be at my house by 7 PM.

I sat in front of the mirror in the room I was staying in- and it still didn't quite feel like my room yet. I added some curls to my ashy blonde hair that was straightened. I put some eyeliner and mascara around my deep brown eyes and put on a black t-shirt, necklace, and a jean mini skirt.

I went downstairs to grab a drink as it got closer to 6 PM, and Cora was drinking a glass of wine with her friend, Emma, in the kitchen. Emma is Cora's best friend, I've learned is often at the house. I've met her quite a few times.