Chapter 1

Nova

"Atlas do I have to come?" I sit down on the bus couch, whining.

"Nova. You are our lead singer, of course you do!" Atlas, our drummer exclaims, ruffling my hair.

I shove his hand away, bickering with him some more. I love going to meet and greets. Getting to meet the people who love and support us is amazing and reminds me of why we do what we do. But this is week 4 and I am getting tired. However, I understand my responsibilities, I am just burnt out.

"Rylee, tell Nova to get up and leave the bus for once," Atlas calls out to Rylee, our lead guitarist, who is in the back of the bus.

"What he said!" I hear Rylee shout.

"Okay, but I am coming back and immediately taking a nap, and don't think about having a party tonight!" I laugh, standing up and fixing my hair.

I walk to our stand and see people waiting for us, calling out Seeing Death. That's our band name. Our band consists of Atlas, my best friend, our drummer. Rylee, our lead guitarist. Luna, my sister, and our bassist. Quinn, he plays guitar as well. Then finally there's me, I'm the singer.

Rylee and Quinn were friends of Atlas before they joined, before Atlas and I formed the band. We used to have another girl in the band, but she's no longer playing with us.

We meet everyone, sign CDs, T shirts, hoodies, water bottles, phone cases, almost everything. After the meet and greet a few bands were standing around the cluster of buses, including us.

"Hey! Look who I found!" Ronnie from Falling in Reverse walked up to us.

Ronnie was walking with someone who looked familiar, yet I'm not sure who he is. He is very tall, has short black hair, a nose ring, and a bunch of tattoos, namely a Batman tattoo on his forearm. He is cute.

"Hey everyone," The guy spoke, his voice deep.

We all greeted him, he introduced himself as Andy from Black Veil Brides. I've heard of them but I never really listened to their music. I know Luna is a fan though.

"Nova can you believe it's really Andy in the flesh!" She whispers to me.

"Yeah, wow," I giggle sarcastically, since she knows I know nothing about him.

"Hey, I'm Andy," He greets my sister and I.

"Yeah, you already said your name earlier," I mock, laughing.

"Yeah, I guess I did, didn't I?" He laughs with me.

"Hey babe!" I hear Elijah call out.

Luna lightly taps me on the back as she runs to her boyfriend. He's in another band, All Over.
I lean against someone's bus and take a sip of my drink. Andy leans against the bus as well, lighting a cigarette.

"You don't mind if I...?" He looks at me.

"No, almost everyone on tour smokes, go right ahead," I shrug.

I don't smoke cigarettes. I've tried but they have just always made me feel sick.

"I've never heard of your band before," Andy states.

"Jeez, way to get to the point," I look up at him.

"Oh, sorry," He looks away, embarrassed.

"It's okay, I've never heard of your band either," I playfully shove him.

"Where did you get the name from? Seeing Death," He asks, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"When I was little, I was in an accident, I had flatlined for a couple of minutes until they brought me back. Hence, seeing death," I explain, taking a sip of my drink.

"Oh wow, well i'm sorry about that, but it made for a wicked band name,"

"Yeah, I suppose it did," I smile, "I'm Nova by the way,"

"Andy," He shakes my hand, his completely engulfing mine.

"Yes, that's the third time you've introduced yourself," I poke fun at him.

"Right," He chuckles, taking one final drag and stomping the butt of the cigarette on the ground.

"Anyway, I'm pretty tired so I'm going to try to rest for a few hours. It was nice meeting you three times Andy," I tell him, backing away.

"Yeah, you too Nova, next time I'll try not to introduce myself for the fourth time and make another ass out of myself," He waves to me.

I turn around and walk back to my bus, laughing, shaking my head.

Andy

I watch as she walks off out of sight.

"Yo Andy ready to head back?" CC walks up to me.

"Yeah, what are we doing?" I ask confused, it's only seven, why would we get back to the bus so soon?

"Seeing Death is having a party tonight, are you down? Well i'm guessing you are, since you were blushing around Nova!" Ashley pipes in, resting his arm around my shoulder, he has to reach up since i'm taller than him.

"I wasn't blushing, I just met her," I roll my eyes, walking in front of them.

"You so were blushing dude, and you will most definitely see her at the party," CC follows behind me.

"Well I won't be looking for her," I let them know. Nova is beautiful don't get me wrong, but I just met her.

"We will seeee," Ashley sings.

We will.