Chapter 28

Nova

I wake up, feeling a body against my back. Holland must've stayed the night again. I scooch myself more into him, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around me.

I open my eyes and look down at the hand to realize it's not Holland who's behind me.

I immediately sit up and move to the edge of the bed. I suddenly remember what happened last night.

"Nova? Is everything okay?" Andy wakes up, his morning voice so deep.

"Uh, yeah, I just thought you were someone else," I whisper, standing off the bed, not looking at him.

"Oh." He says simply.

Andy gets up and walks around the bed over to me. Before he could say anything, I walk away from him and into the bathroom attached to my bedroom.

I admitted to him that I don't want him to leave. I asked him to stay last night. How could I do that? A moment of weakness, we were emotional, I was intoxicated. But my head is clear now.

I am working on things with Holland. Holland cares for me and would never do to me what Andy did.

I exit the bathroom and see Andy sitting at the edge of the bed.

"You shouldn't have stayed last night," I tell him.

Andy's expression falls even more, if that's possible.

"You asked me to," he says.

"I shouldn't have, I can't have another guy in my bed when I'm with Holland," I stare into his eyes.

I see my words literally breaking him. I don't want to hurt him, I don't want him to hurt. But I am still so incredibly angry with him. I need him to know that what happened last night, is the last time.

"Is Holland really who you want to be with?" He stands up, walking toward me.

"Of course he is, I wouldn't be working on things with him if I didn't," I say in an "obviously" tone.

"I think you just miss me, and he was there for you, keeping you company and your bed full," He glares down at me, suddenly becoming angry.

My eyebrows nose dive as I feel anger boil inside of me, hearing the end of his sentence. Without thinking, I slap my hand across his cheek.

"I do not miss the man who wrote a song, bashing me," I spit at him. "And yes, Holland was there for me, he did keep me company, and my bed full, but more importantly he loves me, and takes care of me! He would never do what you did to me,"

"I'm sorry Nova, I don't know why I said that," he sits on the bed, looking up at me.

I take a deep breath, cooling down. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I groan.

"Andy, i'm sorry I slapped you," I sigh, looking at him.

"I deserved it," he mutters. "Nova I love you,  I came here for you, to get you back,"

"You see, it's hard to believe that you love me, and I don't love you Andy, we just need to go our separate ways, i'm sorry that you wasted your time here,"

"But you told you that you don't want me to go, you asked me to stay last night," he reiterates.

"I told you that I shouldn't have done that,"

"You wouldn't have done that if you didn't feel anything for me," he stands back up.

"I was drunk,"

"Drunk words are sober thoughts," he walks towards me again.

"Andy-"

I get cut off by his lips on mine. I suddenly feel something that I kept pushing down. I missed this. I missed his scent. His hands. His lips. Him.

"Nova what the fuck?!" I suddenly hear Holland.

I pull away from Andy to look at my bedroom door.

"Holland, oh my god this isn't what it looks like!" I walk towards him.

"I don't want to hear it." He spits, storming off.

Tears water in my eyes, watching him go.

"Not again," I whisper to myself.

I lost Andy because Holland kissed me and he wouldn't let me explain. Now I'm going to lose Holland because Andy kissed me and he won't let me explain.

"Nova," Andy walked up to me, touching my shoulder.

I shove his hand off of me.

"Get out!" I scream through tears.

"Nova, wait-"

"Everything was good with Holland! Until you showed up and got in the way, I have been pushing everything with you down inside of me so I wouldn't be so angry and broken all of the time, Holland helped me, he fixed me. He helped me ignore all of the hate I was getting, he helped heal me, he's been good to me, and now, now he probably hates me," I cry.

"I'm sorry, Nova, i'm sorry," he whispers, walking out of my room, and out of the house.

I lay on my bed, sobbing. Despite how I feel for Holland, I can't help but to feel everything for Andy coming back.

I worked so hard on pushing aside my feelings for him after everything he did to me. One kiss was enough to bring all of it back up.