Chapter 3

Nova

Buzz buzz buzz

Buzz buzz buzz

I wake up, feeling my phone vibrate underneath me. Yawning I rub my eyes and grab my phone, looking at the screen. I swipe and put it to my ear.

"Hello?" I groan.

"Hey Nova, where are you?" Atlas asks, I still hear people in the background.

"I'm on BVB's bus, I slept here since I couldn't on ours," I look at the time, 10:48am. "I told Luna where I was going."

"Okay, just wanted to see where you are. How's Andy doing?" I could just see the smirk playing on his face.

"He's fine Atlas, him and I are just friends," I say, getting out of the bunk, "although he did try to kiss me last night," I whisper the last part.

"No way!! Did you kiss back?!" He screams in my ear.

I close the bathroom door and sit down.

"No, of course not, I didn't even let his lips touch mine," I scoff, peeing.

"What. Why?!"

"We just met the other day, he's cute but we are friends," I finish, washing my hands. "Anyway, I'll be back on the bus in an hour or so."

"Okay, well I saw the way he looked at you last night in your tight black dress," He speaks almost sultry, playing around with me.

"Goodbye Atlas, I'll see you in a bit," I hang up, opening the door.

I go back to the bunk, trying to be quiet. Most of the bunk curtains are open, and they're empty. Except for one, must be where Andy is sleeping. I can't believe he tried to kiss me, we just met. Plus, I'm not looking for a relationship, or anything with anyone right now.

I grab my dress and heels, walking into the kitchen/dining area. I found a sticky note and wrote on one, leaving it on the spare bunk curtain. I walk out of the bus and back to mine.

Andy

I wake up to the bus door slamming, and multiple footsteps walking in. My band mates, they're the only ones who stomp like that. I hear a set of footsteps through to the bunks.

"Hey Andy, thanks for letting me sleep over last night, I'll return your shirt later, smiley face," I hear Jake speak, what?

"Jake what are you saying?" I open the curtain, a note falling to the ground.

"A note, who did you get it from last night? Must be someone else in a band since she will see you again to give your shirt back,"

"I had Nova here for her to get some sleep,"

Ashley comes running back, "did you guys fuck?!"

"Shut up Ashley, we didn't," I bend down to pick up the note. "Ugh but I did try to kiss her," I admit.

"And?"

"She rejected me," I sigh, fixing my hair.

"No way she rejected you man, she just doesn't know what a hit you are! Ask her out on a date," Jake encourages, getting up in his bunk.

"We're friends, she's beautiful and funny but she just wants to be friends, plus I don't know anything about her,"

"But you could," Ashley walks away.

I laugh, shaking my head. I hop off the bus and walk around, lighting up a cigarette. I see Chris Motionless talking to someone by one of the vendors. I'm not sure who since he's blocking them from how tall he is.

"Hey Chris," I say, bro hugging him.

"Hey man, this is Nova!" Chris says, gesturing to the person he was talking to.

"Oh we've met before!" Nova waves to me. "Hey I'll get you your shirt back once I wash it."

"You guys..?" Chris points fingers between us.

"No! God no Chris, he just let me sleep over since my bus was having a party," Nova laughs, looking up at him.

I felt my stomach drop a little for some reason when she blurted that out.

"So how do you know Nova?" I ask Chris.

"We have toured together, she is amazing live!" He exclaims, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"Me? You guys hype up the crowd like it's nobodies business," Nova wraps her arm around his back.

This stomach drop only increased as I saw her wrap her arm around him.

"Are you guys together?" I chuckle, taking a drag.

"No, we're just friends!" Nova grins. "Anyway, I have to get ready for the show, see you guys later." She waves, walking away.

"Isn't she something?" Chris looks at me.

"Yeah, dude she is," I give a small grin. "Are you into her?"

"I mean I definitely would love to get with her, but she's infamous for not wanting relationships," Chris shrugs.

"Oh man, that sucks," I rub the back of my neck.

Damn, the chance of anything between her and I beside a friendship is down the drain. Maybe I could try to change her mind?

I don't even know why i'm thinking like this, I have just met her. But, I would love to get to know her better. Maybe i'll ask her out, not a date, but to hang out, to get to know her.