Chapter 17

Andy

"Oh my god that was so funny!" I chuckle.

"No, no but you haven't even heard the best of it yet!" Luna cackles, sitting across from Nova and I.

"Luna stop!" Nova whines, leaning into my side.

"She then took the chair, and knocked it over! All because of a stupid ribbon!" Luna squeals, dying over the story of Nova.

I burst out laughing, staring at Nova.

"Really?" I chuckle.

"The ribbon was special," she continues whining, crossing her arms.

I wrap an arm around her shoulder and squeeze softly, still laughing. We're on a double date with Luna and Elijah at some bar. Luna was just telling me about the time that Nova threw a major temper tantrum over Luna drawing on her ribbon when they were little.

"So, I can't believe warped it almost over!" Elijah says, eating the olive off of Luna's drink.

"I know, only a few more days! I can't wait to go home," Nova gushes, sounding so happy.

"What are you guys going to do after?" Luna questions, staring at us.

Nova and I don't live in the same state, but I know that we can make it work.

"Well, we'll come visit each other, right?" She looks up at me.

"Of course, and when my band goes on tour, maybe you could come with, or vice versa for you guys," I suggest.

"Yeah, that sounds great,"

"Anyway, it's late, we should head back," Elijah helps Luna up.

I wrap my sweater around Nova as we pay and leave. I hold her hand in mine as we walk back to the venue.

"So a tantrum over a ribbon huh? I'll make sure to never touch anything of yours," I grin, swinging our hands.

"Shut up," she giggles, playfully pushing me.

Nova lets out a sigh and brings me close to her, "are we gonna be alright after tour?" she looks up at me.

"Of course, we will see each other as much as we can," I look down at her.

Her worried face fading away, "i'm tired."

"Here," I pick her up, bridal style.

On the walk back, she falls asleep.

Kissing the top of her head, we arrive back to her bus. I lay her down and take her shoes off, tucking her in.

Walking back out to the kitchen area Luna and Elijah walk in, laughing.

"Quiet, Nova's asleep," I scold.

"Alright fun police," Elijah chuckles, kissing Luna. "I'll see you tomorrow, I love you."

"Love you," she smiles as he walks out the door.

"Tonight was nice," I say softly.

"Yeah, Nova seems really happy with you,"

"She makes me happy, god I don't know what'd I'd do without her," I feel warm inside. "Do you think she would like a ring?"

"Whoa Andy!" Luna gasps, not looking happy.

"No, no, not that type," I rush out, "like a promise ring,"

"Oh, yes, she would definitely like a promise ring, she's a size 6," Luna smiles, giggling.

"Great, i'll look around," I get excited.