Chapter 37

Andy

I sit on the edge of the lounge couch with her standing between my legs. I run my hands up and down her thighs, moving up to squeeze her butt. Her hands on my shoulders as she giggles and looks down at me.

"Your show was great today," she comes down to kiss me.

"Thanks Nova," I kiss her back.

She pulls back and has a scowl on her face. Suddenly I feel a sting on my cheek as my face whips to the side.

"My name is Taylor!" She screeches as she slaps me.

Before I could say anything she turns a heel and walks away from me.

"I'm sorry Taylor, i've never done that before, I don't know why I called you that," I chase after her.

She opens the bus door and runs off. I stand there outside and sigh. I don't know why I called her Nova. I wasn't even thinking about her. The name just came out.

"Whoa, pissed much," Nova laughs, as she walks up, turning her head to look at the girl walking away.

"Yeah," I chuckle, rubbing the back of my neck.

"What did you do?"

"Oh uh, nothing," I shrug, grabbing my pack of smokes, lighting one up.

"Come on, what did you do? She even gave you a shiner," Nova touches my face.

"I called her the wrong name," I exhale the smoke.

"Oh shit! What did you call her? Jess, Riley, Jenna?" She bursts out laughing.

"Nah, none of those names—it doesn't matter, what are you doing here?" I change the subject.

She doesn't have any feelings for me, she made that clear when telling Holland before he left. There is no point in me complicating things by telling her that I called that girl her name.

"Oh I wanted to see if Ashley had an extra straightener, mine broke, Luna doesn't straighten her hair and the guys don't have long enough hair," she starts to walk past me to the bus door.

"They're not here, they're currently out at a bar," I tell her, stomping my cigarette.

"Oh okay, i'll ask him in the morning then," she says and begins to walk away.

"Wait, did you want to do something?" I ask her.

"Not tonight, i'm tired and I just came to borrow something, i'll see you in the morning," Nova touches my arm before walking away back to her bus.

"Goodnight," I whisper to myself.

Nova

I can't believe Andy called that poor girl the wrong name... I can't believe he has slept with that many girls to forget a name.

I can't help but to feel jealous, and then when he asked to hang out I lied.

I'm not tired, but I was so jealous that I couldn't be around him. That, and he just wanted to hang out because his plans for tonight didn't work out.

Holland went home a few nights ago, it's been easier without him here. It's like I can breathe again. That sounds horrible, but he was just so on guard and jealous the entire time that it suffocated me, he didn't enjoy his time here and I didn't enjoy it either.

We haven't spoken and that's okay with me. Either he calls me or when I go home will be the next time we speak.

I walk back to my bus and plop down on the couch.