Chapter 22

Andy

How could she do this to me? I go to the front and grab my notebook from the shelf. The boys enter the bus.

"Whoa Andy what's up?" Jake leans on the counter, taking my appearance in.

"Not in the mood," I snap at them.

"Meow," Ashley chuckles, sitting at the table.

"Shut up Ashley," I glare.

"Hey bro, calm down," he laughs, putting his hands up in defence.

"I can't calm down, Nova fucking cheated on me," I get angrier by the second.

"Whoa, i'm sorry, I didn't know," Ashley's smile falls.

I leave them and lay in my bunk, opening my notebook. Writing whatever comes to mind, I feel worse. Nova knows how it feels to be cheated on, and yet she cheats on me — with the guy who cheated on her! How fucked up is that.

I write and write, and write until I can't anymore. I get out of my bunk and go to the front to see no one there. I sigh and feel my phone blow up. Messages and calls from Nova, trying to explain herself.

I can't deal with her and her lies right now. I open the cupboard and grab the bottle of whiskey. Opening it up, I let it burn my throat, I don't even like whiskey. I just need something to hurt, other than my heart.

Soon enough i'm drunk. Nova won't leave me alone, i've missed twenty calls from her, and have fifty messages unread.

I sway to the back lounge with the bottle and my notebook.

Seeing my guitar laying on the couch, I pick it up, strumming a few chords. I take another sip and begin humming a tune.

I have a great idea.

Nova

"What happened to her?" I hear Rylee whisper.

"Her and Andy broke up," Quinn whispers back.

"Why?"

"She kissed Holland,"

"She did not kiss Holland you idiot, he kissed her, Andy found out and won't let her explain," Luna snaps at them.

"Where's Atlas?" Rylee asks.

"In with her, he's the only one she wants to see right now," Quinn mutters.

"Aren't they bad at whispering?" Atlas rubs my back.

I just lay there, trying to catch my breath. I haven't stopped crying since I got back to the bus. Andy has raised his voice at me before, but nothing compared to the anger, and the betrayal that he had in his voice.

I've sent him multiple text messages, and left voicemails for him. Yet, nothing from him back.

"I didn't kiss Holland, he kissed me," I whisper.

"I know, Andy is a real dick for not listening to you," he coos.

"I don't know what to do, and I can't perform like this," I begin sobbing again into my hands.

"Nova, you have to today, it's our last day,"

"I know, just finding the energy for that-" I can't finish my sentence, the pain and guilt take over.

I manage to get myself out of bed, I don't bother with make up. Every time I tried putting some on, my constant flow of tears would wash it away.

"You are going to do great Nova," Luna comes up behind me.

"I can't do this, but I can't let our fans down," tears well up in my eyes.

"You just have to be strong for an hour, you can do it," she wipes the tears away.

We all make it backstage and I feel nervous. What if I crack, and breakdown on stage? Regardless, I don't have the normal energy to put on an amazing show. Fans will surely be disappointed no matter what.

"You are going to do great Nova, head up," Atlas kisses my forehead.

I give him a small smile, before we run out on stage.

I looked in the crowd for Andy. He is always, always, always either in the crowd or backstage for my set. But he wasn't here today, for my last performance at Warped.