Chapter 30

One Year Later.

Andy

I walk into the studio and see the boys already there.

"Look who's late," Ashley chimes.

"I woke up late," I take a sip from my coffee.

"Jeez, late night?" Jinxx asks.

"Yeah, i'm just trying to get some last minute writing done, before we finish the album," I take my notebook out. "Listen to this, the best things in life come with a price, the star burned so bright faded the fastest, you'll always feel it's right, even when we end the fight, welcome home, home tonight, words they don't know how to make amends, and all they do is push you to the edge, but it's not wasted, it's all done for you,"I read the words.

"That sounds good Andy," CC says.

"Yeah, what's the inspiration behind it?" Jake raises an eyebrow.

"Who says there has to be inspiration?" I clear my throat, closing the notebook.

"Every musician ever," Ashley says, staring at me.

"Okay fine, but you know," I sigh.

"Have you spoken to her at all?" They ask me.

"No, not in a year. She still never unblocked me,  neither did her bandmates,"

I went home early, I went home that last night her and I spoke. She wanted space, there was nothing keeping me there anymore.

But i've seen pictures online, it looks like her and Holland are going strong. I'm happy for her, but I can't say that i'm not jealous, and a little saddened by it.

"There's plenty of other women out there you know," Ashley says.

"I know, but no one like Nova," I sigh, "i'm going to head for a smoke,"

I get up and exit the studio, lighting up a cigarette. I take a drag.

I've had women over before, and I have gone on dates. But no one has even come close to Nova. I miss her, but she's happy. She deserves to be happy.

I walk back into the studio as the boys are recording.

"Andy, can I talk to you?" Jake asks.

"Sure, what's up?"

"So our manager just told us while you were out, that we are going to be going on tour in about a month for the release of this album,"

"Okay," I don't know why he's telling me, we always do that.

"But, Seeing Death is going to be opening for us,"

We'll be touring with them. I'm going to see Nova for the first time in a year.

"Are you going to be okay with that?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, of course. Her and I are both professional, and plus she's with Holland, so it won't matter anyway," I chuckle.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure,"

I'm going to see Nova again, a part of me is ecstatic, but the other part of me is dreading it.

I don't know how I can handle seeing her and Holland together, in person, if she brings him.

A year later and she still holds a grip on my heart, I still love her as much as I did the day I left.