Chapter 27

Andy

It has been a week since I was at Nova's. I left her the hotel address and room number but she hasn't been around.

I've been seeing pictures of her around town with Holland. I have lost her, she wants nothing to do with me.

I stay at the hotel everyday, in case she knocks at my door. But at the end of each day, when she doesn't show, I get wasted. Trying to forget all of this, trying to remember the times we had before I fucked everything.

I take a swig of the alcohol and scroll through my phone. A new picture popped up of Nova and Holland. I check the time stamp and see that it was posted only a few minutes ago. Nova's out tonight.

I have one final ideal to get her to talk to me.

Nova

I'm standing in line to get into a club with Holland by my side. He has been awfully clingy and touchy since Andy was at my place.

He's kind of suffocating me.

But other than that, things have been good with him. The sex is great, he lets me look through his phone so he knows he's not talking to anyone else, he cooks for me, takes me out to dinner. When we're at clubs, he doesn't look at anyone else but me. He really has changed.

We get into the club and order drinks, we move into the crowd and start dancing.

I close my eyes, feeling the music as I dance against Holland, feeling every part of him. He wraps his hand around my throat and sways with me.

I open my eyes and look around the crowd when suddenly I make eye contact with him. He staring right at me, dancing on Holland, he glares at Hollands hand placement on me.

What is he doing here? Did he know I was here?

A random girl walks up to Andy and puts her hand on his chest, as his goes to her butt. She begins kissing his neck but he grabs her face and kisses her lips.

That brings back the memory of him making out with another girl while he was trying to get me to like him.

Now, while he's here to get me back, he's making out with another girl, again.

I turn around to Holland, tears in my eyes, "i-i'm going to get some fresh air," I say over the music.

Luckily it was so loud, he couldn't hear my voice cracks.

I walk out of the club and hear my name being called. I ignore him and walk faster, trying to get air in my lungs.

"Nova wait, please!" He catches up to me.

"This is your way of making it up to me Andrew?! So much for love," I spit, walking as fast as I can away from him.

"You won't talk to me, I had to find a way for you to talk, or show me that you still care," he stops walking.

"Of course I fucking care Andrew!" I stomp to him, glaring up.

"Well I wouldn't know! You've been so pissed at me, and off with that cheating dick!"

"Why are you so angry? You're the one who fucked up," I start crying.

"i'm—i'm not angry, i'm just so stuck, I don't know what to do. I love you, I am so in love with you," he falls to his knees, hugging my waist.

"Andrew don't, please," I speak so soft, trying to contain myself.

I turn around sobbing into my hands.

We stay like that for what feels like forever.

"Please don't cry, Nova i'm sorry, about everything, I don't want to hurt you anymore," he stands up, "i'll leave, and i'll never come back or look for you again, if that's what you really want,"

I hiccup between sobs, trying to catch my breath. I wipe my eyes and turn around to face him. He has tears steaming.

"If that's what you want Nova, I will
leave," his voice so gentle.

"Of course it's not Andy, I just don't know what to do to make me feel better," I start sobbing again.

"Hey, come here," he whispers, hugging me. But I fight against him, yet he keeps ahold of me.

Andy

I sit there at the end of her bed as she falls asleep.  Nova was so exhausted that she basically just collapsed in my arms outside of the club.

I called a cab and brought her home.

"I will leave Nova, i'm sorry for everything, i'll forever be sorry.. Please just know that I love you," I whisper, as I stand up, to kiss her goodbye.

I turn her bedside light off, and walk to the door.

"Please don't go," I hear her soft and tired voice.

I contemplate pretending like I didn't hear her, she doesn't need me, and the pain I bring her. But I need her, and the need to hold her again is too strong. I am too selfish to just walk away.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm," she hums, getting more comfy in her bed.

I take my shoes off and lay on top of the sheets, next to her.

She rolls over and cuddles into me, falling asleep. I lay there in the dark, feeling like a piece of me is back. I have a long way to go to make it up to her, but I will, for however long it takes.