Chapter 3

"Honey, we're back!"

I quickly stood up and fixed my hair. I saw the question in Patrick's eyes.

"My parents." I whispered right before they walked in to the living room. Their smile faded when they saw Patrick. My dad squinted his eyes.

"And who might this be?"

I felt nervous, my parents didn't want me letting people in when I was home alone. Especially older men. "H-Hi.. This is Patrick." My dad turned to him.

"You look familiar, have you been here before?"

I blushed. "No dad, he's the singer of Fall Out Boy."

"Oh... Right... And how old are you Patrick?"

"DAD!"

Patrick smiled at me. "No, it's okay." And turned to my father. "I'm twenty-one sir."

My dad looked at my mom, who appeared next to him. "Six years older."

I sighed. "Dad please! We're friends."

He put his hands up in defense. "I didn't say anything."

They both walked out leaving is in an awkward silence. "I'm so sorry! They're so embarrassing!" I looked down to the ground. Patrick tilted my head up. "They seem wonderful!" I smiled at him and looked back down.

"I should get going." Patrick said. I nodded. "You have my number right? Call me if you want to meet up again tomorrow, I would really like to see the rest of this town."

I smiled. " I will."

I let Patrick out and went straight to my room. I laid down on my bed, I couldn't believe anything of what had happened. I met Patrick Stump! I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Anna's number.

"Yeah?"

Anna? You won't believe what I'm about to tell you!"

"What? What happened?"

"So this morning when you left I stayed a little longer in Antwerp and walked around. And clumsy me spilled my coffee on someone."

"And what's so unbelievable about that?"

"The man on who I spilled my coffee... was Patrick Stump."

"WHAT?! You're kidding me right?" I held the phone away from my face when she yelled of excitement.

"Yup!" I still couldn't believe it myself. " I even got his phone number."

"Wow! I want to know everything!"

I laughed and told her the whole story. She let me talk before saying anything herself.

"Wow! You're like, the luckiest person on the planet!"

"Yeah I know! I still can't go to the concert though."

"Keep trying! I gotta go I'll talk to you later."

"okay bye."

I put on some music and changed to my pajamas's. I crawled in to bed and tried to get some sleep. I knew it was only six but I was so tired! But I didn't get much sleep before my parents called to come down for dinner. I walked down and sat at the table.
"You know what we think about you bringing people home when we're not here."

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry but he wanted to see the town and it got late so I had to get home and I didn't want him to leave yet."

My mom just nodded.

I hesitated. "About the concert..."

My dad put his glass down a little harder then needed. "We talked about this."

"I know! But Anne get's to go and I'm not a little girl anymore."

My dad was getting mad now. "You're to young, and that's the end of it!"

I wasn't going to give up that easily. "But what about Anna's friend? She's twenty-two, I can ride with her to the concert and we'll stay together the whole time."

My mom finally said something. "Ali, we've talked about this we decided you're to young. You can go the next time."

Tears rolled down my cheeks. "But maybe there is no next time! And we live in Belgium, they're not gonna come back her in years!"

"No."

I stood up without saying another word and walked to my room. Why did I have such overprotective parents? I sat up on my bed, legs crossed and took my phone. I decided to text Patrick.

TO PATRICK: HEY WANT TO MEET UP AGAIN TOMORROW?

I put my phone on the nightstand and laid down. I didn't realize I fell asleep but when I opened my eyes it was completely dark outside. I quickly checked my phone.

FROM PATRICK: YES I'D LOVE TO! I HAVE TO LEAVE AT FOUR THOUGH, NEED TO CATCH MY PLANE.

It was send three hours ago. I hit myself in the head for falling asleep, he probably thinks I'm ignoring him now.

TO PATRICK: I'M SO SORRY FOR REPLYING THIS LATE! I FELL ASLEEP ;) MEET ME AT TEN AT THE TRAIN STATION?

I looked at the time, it was one in the morning. Way to go probably waked him up now. I felt my phone buzz just seconds after I send my text.

FROM PATRICK: SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN :) I CAN COME TO YOUR HOUSE IF YOU WANT TO, AND YOUR PARENTS DON'T MIND ;)

I laughed at the comment about my parents, he met them for the first time today and already knew them so well.

TO PATRICK: I DON'T CARE IF THEY DO, YOU CAN COME OVER IF YOU WANT.

FROM PATRICK: GREAT! SEE YOU TOMORROW... LATER ;)

TO PATRICK: SEE YOU LATER

I smiled, he was so nice! His girlfriend or boyfriend was very lucky. I closed my eyes and almost immediately fell asleep.