Chapter 19

I stared at him in disbelieve. "What are you doing here?"

"Anna invited me."

"Oh really?" I turned around and sent her a death glare, which she answered with a guilty smile.

"But I don't think you flew all the way to Belgium for an reunion."

He looked down at his shoes. "No I didn't."

"So why are you here then?"

He didn't answer right away. "I guess... I missed it here." He said after a couple of minutes. "I missed you." I was not expecting that one. Why would he say that?

"Don't you dare! Don't you dare say that. You know what happened."

"I know, it's just... I'm sorry! I miss you. I miss us."

"Five years. Five years I've been waiting for you and now that I finally moved on you come here and ruin everything!" I saw the hurt in his eyes and I knew I caused it. I turned around and walked away, I couldn't take this, not now. I heard quick footstep behind me but didn't turn around, it wasn't Pete it was Stacy. We both walked outside and I sat down on an expensive looking bench. Stacy knelt in front of me and grabbed my hands. "I'm sorry I tried to warn you but-"

"It's okay," I cut her off, " I guess it's about time I talk to him anyway."

"Should I go get him?"

"Yeah, that would be great, thanks."
She got up and hurried back inside, to return a minute later with Pete. He looked guilty, hurt and slightly worried. I took a deep breath and stood up. Stacy nodded and left, she knew we needed to be alone now.
"Why did you say that?"

"I don't really know, I guess because it's true."

I sighed. "You've got a kid and a wife Pete."

He dropped his eyes to the floor. "I know, and I know you won't forgive me but I have to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"I still love you. I never stopped loving you."

"Then why'd you leave?"

"I though it was the right thing to do, I thought you deserved better than me, still do."

That hurt. How could he think that?
"Pete... Please don't say that. You're perfect, you're everything I ever wanted and more. Whoever you married is the luckiest girl alive."

I walked over to him and grabbed his hand. "I could never stop loving you."
He looked up now, his eyes sparkling.

"But we're over, and I've moved on and apparently so did you."
I let go of his hand and took a step back. "I should go."
I hurried inside and found Stacy in the kitchen. "Can we please go." She nodded and said goodbye to everyone before leaving.

-

"He said that? Wow, are you okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine."

We were sitting on my bed, drinking a cup a coffee. Stacy stayed the night to make sure I was okay. I could see she didn't believe me but I was.

"Really Stacy I'm fine, I'm over him and I told him that. We're never getting back together."

"Never say never." She mumbled. I got up and went to pour my coffee, which was cold now, in the sink. Suddenly Stacy jumped and gathered her things. I looked at her in surprise. "Where are you going?"

"I just remembered I have a doctors appointment in an hour."

I laughed. "Have fun."

She laughed to. "I will."

As soon as she left I settled in my couch with my laptop to watch some Netflix. I caught up on my series and then after that watched a romantic comedies, don't ask why. I was balling my eyes out and had already used a whole roll of toilet paper. I'd just started on the second one when I got a text. It was from an unknown number.

UNKNOWN: CAN WE PLEASE TALK? I WANT TO TRY TO EXPLAIN -PETE

I sighed and stared at my phone. After a couple of minutes I typed an answer telling him to meet me at Starbucks in half an hour. I grabbed my stuff and texted Stacy before leaving.

I got at the coffee shop ten minutes early so I ordered myself a cup of coffee and sat down at a table in the corner. A couple of minutes later Pete walked in and smiled as he saw me. He ordered a cup of coffee and sat across from me.

"Hi."

"Hey"

"I didn't think you'd actually show up."

"Why's that?"

"Because of what I did, most ditch on me for less."

"I would never do that."

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry."

I looked down and took a sip of my coffee. Pete sighed and shook his head.

"I know it's my fault, I wont deny it but I want you to know I regret everything I did."

I looked up into his brown eyes. "Don't, you had a reason for what you did you don't have to regret it."

He smiled and grabbed my hand. He rubbed little circles on my skin with his thumb, making me shiver.

"You remember what happened right?"

I nodded, I remembered perfectly. And I wish I didn't.

Hey guys

I'm so sorry for not updating, I don't have any excuse other than that I'm lazy and it's super hot where I live so my brain isn't functioning. I'll try to update more often but I can't promise anything, it's gonna get even warmer and I have a busy week next week but I'll try :p Thank you for sticking with me through this story and as always please tell me what you think and vote if you liked it.

Love you guys

-Sarah