Chapter 23

I woke up the next morning, lying in Pete's arms. The memories of last night started coming back and I smiled while turning to face him. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, he was almost smiling. I kissed the tip of his nose and carefully got up. I went to the bathroom meaning to take a shower but when I was about to take my shirt of two strong arms wrapped around me from behind.

"Good morning beautiful."

I turned around and gave him a kiss. "Good morning. Sleep well?"

"Always when I'm with you." He smiled. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Pancakes!" I half jelled. He laughed and kissed my cheek.

"On it." He said while saluting and walked off still laughing. I closed the door to the bathroom and got in the shower.

After my shower I got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and Pete's shirt, it still smelled like him. I walked downstairs and was greeted by the smell of pancakes. I quickly ran to the kitchen to find a huge pile of pancakes on a plate, with chocolate sauce drizzled over them. Pete was standing by the counter, cutting up some strawberries. When he noticed me he smiled and put the strawberries on top of the pancakes. I gave him a quick hug and then attacked the pancakes. In a matter of minutes I'd consumed the whole pile and was rubbing my tummy. Pete laughed and wiped a bit of chocolate sauce of my cheek. "I'm glad you liked them."

"I like you more." I said grinning and sat on his lap.

"Are you wearing my shirt?"

I nodded. "It smells like you."

"But it's dirty." He said frowning.

"I don't care."

"What do I have to wear then?"

"Nothing, you look better without a shirt." I smiled deviously and jumped up. He laughed and got up as well, only to sit down on the couch and turning the TV on. I laid down with my head on his lap.

"Oooohw!"

I shot up and looked around. "Stacy! What the hell?" I screamed. Pete looked very surprised. "Who's she?" He asked.

I pointed at Stacy, who was now sitting down on the floor in front of us. "Pete, meet Stacy my best friend."

"Hi." He smiled, still confused.

"Why are you here?" I asked

"I left my charger here yesterday." She smiled.

"Yeah I found it, it's on the counter." I said, but Stacy didn't move. She kept staring at our hands.

"Anything else?" Her head snapped up.

"What? Oh no I'm gonna go then."

I smiled and nodded. "Bye."

As soon as I heard the front door close I turned back to Pete and smiled. "Don't mind her, she's a little weird." He laughed and nodded. "Yeah I got that impression."

I laid back down in his lap and closed my eyes. Pete focused on the TV again and surfed through the channels while playing with my hair. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing Pete was shaking me lightly and I was very hungry. "Ali."

I groaned and stretched my arms above my head, accidentally hitting Pete in the face.

"Ow!" He put his hand over his mouth. My eyes widened. "Oh gosh sorry."

Pete pouted and looked at me. "You need to kiss the pain away." He said while pointing at his lips. I laughed and inched closer. I cupped his face with my hands and slowly closed the space between our faces. I lightly pecked his lips before pulling back and smiling. "Better?" Pete shook his head like a little child. I kissed him again, this time a little harder. Pete put his hand on my back, pulling me closer to him and deepening the kiss. He pulled me up and against his body while liking my bottom lip. I smiled into the kiss and let him take control. We broke apart when my stomach decided now was a good time to start rumbling. Pete laughed and got up. "I think someone's hungry."
I chuckled and got up. "You want something?" I asked Pete.