Chapter 4

I woke up at 9 AM to the sun shining in my face. I just lay there for a couple of minutes, not wanting to get up. But Patrick would be here in less then an hour so I had to get up at some point. After another 5 minutes i finally sat up straight en stretched. I rolled off of my bed onto the ground and fell on my face. What a great start of the day. Rubbing my painful nose is got up and walked to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and instantly regretted it.
I looked like crap.
I got a quick shower and tried do get my hair to cooperate. I ended up throwing it in a messy bun.
It was 77 degrees outside so I put on a short and my black Fall Out Boy top. Patrick could arrive any minute now, I put on a bit of mascara and then sat on my bed scrolling through Instagram.

A couple of minutes the doorbell rang and I heard my dad open the door. "Oh hi Patrick."

"Hi Mr. Waters."

"Ali's in her room, up the stairs first to the right."

"Thank you."

I heard Patrick walk down the hallway to the stairs. "Hello Mrs. Waters." He shouted to my mom who was sitting in the living room. I glanced around my room just making sure there were no bra's or panties laying around. That's when I noticed my walls... They were covered in Fall Out Boy and Pete Wentz posters. I ran to my door and pulled it open only to reveal a startled Patrick, he was just about to knock on my door when I had so violently yanked it open.

"Oh I'm so sorry!"

Patrick quickly recovered from the shock and laughed.
"No problem. Eager to leave?"

I laughed a bit. "Yes very! I can't wait to show you everything."

His eyes shot at something behind me and I knew what he saw. Shit
A huge grin spread over his face.
"Is that?"

He pushed the door further open and walked in. He slowly spun around taking it all in, his smile only got bigger. I stood by the door and looked at the ground, blushing.

"Ali?"

I didn't want to look at him this was so embarrassing. "Yes?"

"This is amazing!"

I was confused, I thought he was going to laugh at me and think a was a pathetic fangirl, well I am but..

"You really think so?"

He nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! I didn't think anyone actually cared about us. But here you are, you've never seen us in person, you live across the world and yet you have this."
He pointed at my walls. While he was doing that he noticed something and went to investigate it.

"No Patrick..." I knew what is was and really did not want him, or anyone to see that.

His smile faded as he looked at the poster. I'd made it when I was in a dark place and it helped me get through it all. I was a poster of Pete, I'd drawn a heart around his face and scrabbled a couple of quotes around it. Patrick spun around to face me, he looked very serious.

"Ali?" He asked again.

I looked at my feet and felt my face turn red.

"Do you love him?"

I took a deep breath an looked at him, I nodded.

He sat down on the bed motioning me to do the same.

" But how? You never met him? You don't know him."

He wasn't judging, he was really wondering how I could love a man I never met and probably wasn't going to meet.

I shook my head. "I don't know, I just do. He helped me through a lot and he doesn't even know I exist."

Patrick put his arm around my shoulders, comforting me. "Well then we'll need to do something about that!"