Chapter 22

After finishing our pancakes we settled into the couch and watched a movie. There was no way I was gonna sleep after that day. I kept checking the time, I wanted to text Pete so badly but I didn't want to seem desperate by texting in the middle of the night. Stacy noticed and laughed. "Wait 'till he's awake." 

I pouted. "But he sleeps 'till 1 pm most of the time." 

"But if he likes you he will wake up early and text you first." 

"I guess..." 

Stacy laughed again and turned back to the movie, I sighed and did the same. There's no way Pete's gonna wake up to text me. He likes sleep to much. But like most of the time, Stacy was proven right. An hour later I got a text from Pete. I checked the time before opening it, 4 am. 

FROM PETE: ARE YOU AWAKE? 

TO PETE: STRANGELY ENOUGH, YEAH... :)

FROM PETE: GOOD :) I MISS YOU! WANNA MEET UP TODAY?

TO PETE: I'D LOVE TO! 

FROM PETE: GREAT I'LL PICK YOU UP AT 12.

TO PETE: SOUNDS GOOD :) I MISS YOU TOO BTW ;) 

I smiled and put my phone away. I stood up and tackled Stacy in a hug. 

"Thank you!" 

She looked confused as she hugged me back. "You're welcome I guess... What did I do?" 

"He texted me back, I'm meeting him at twelve." 

"You see, I'm always right!" She smiled big and looked very proud. 

"Yeah, yeah..." 

I turned back to the movie and tried to ignore Stacy's laughter. A couple of hours and two movies later I finally got up and got dressed. I put on a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a loose shirt. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and quickly brushed my teeth. When I walked out of the bathroom someone knocked at my door.

"Pete, hi." I said as I opened the door. I quickly grabbed my stuff and closed the door behind me. He smiled and walked to his car, holding doors open for me. "Where are we going?" I asked. 

"You'll see." He grinned and drove off. He turned the radio on and immortals blasted through the car. Pete immediately tried to change station but I stopped him. "I like this song." 

He laughed. "You do? I've heard it's an awesome band." 

"Yeah it is, but their bassist is kinda strange." 

"I bet he's cool though, who wants normal these days." 

I laughed. "Yeah, normal's boring." I quietly sang along and smiled at Pete when he joined in. Soon we where singing at the top of our longs, earning some strange looks from drivers that passed us. When the song ended we burst out laughing and I looked for another good song. After a while I found Hallelujah from Panic! at the Disco and smiled. We started singing again and went on 'till Pete pulled over and got out, running around the car to open my door. I got out and looked around. "The beach?" 

He nodded, smiling and got something out of the trunk, a pick nick basket. We walked to the beach and Pete spread the blanked on the ground. I smiled and sat down while Pete unpacked. Everything looked delicious. He'd brought pizza, donuts and chocolate cake. I laughed "You clearly remember what food I like." 

"Yeah, I remember everything." He said while looking me in the eye. I had to tell myself to calm down and quickly looked away. To avoid any awkwardness I picked up a slice of pizza and took a bite. Pete laughed a little and also took a slice. We talked about little things while eating, keeping it light and funny but I knew I had to ask him. When I felt like I was gonna explode and couldn't eat anymore I laid down on my back. Pete joined me and grabbed my hand, drawing circles with his thumb on the back of my hand. "Pete?" 

"Mmmh?" 

"What are we doing?" 

"What do you mean?"

"You're married, you have a son..." 

He sat back up and held his head in his hands. "I know, but you're the only one I ever loved." 

"I don't want to be the reason you cheat on her. I can't do that to her and neither can you." 

I sat up straight as well and took his hand in mine. 

"But if I divorce her, would you take me back? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't." 

"You would divorce her? What about your son?" 

"It would be hard on him, but I know he's gonna love you." 

I smiled and hugged him. "Is that a yes?" He sounded so hopeful. I pulled back a little and looked him in the eyes while I slowly closed the space between our lips. I closed my eyes when I felt his lips on mine and melted into the kiss. God I had missed him. I pulled back and smiled. "Definitely yes."

He pulled me to his chest and kissed the top of my head. "I missed you so much." He whispered and rested his head on my shoulder. "I missed you to." I whispered back, and after hesitating for a minute I added. "I love you." 

Hey guys

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long, I don't have an excuse but I promise the next one is gonna be sooner. I just didn't have any inspiration but I have a couple of ideas for the next part so it's not gonna take this long to write :p As always please comment and vote if you liked it and thank you for reading 

Love you 

-Sarah