Chapter 24

Pete went upstairs to call his lawyer and his wife while I went to the kitchen and made dinner. Suddenly I heard Pete yell and two minutes later he came downstairs. 

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Ashlee.She didn't take it to well." 

"Oh... I'm sorry..."

"Don't be, it's okay. We're gonna be okay." He smiled and kissed me on my forehead. I smiled too and pulled him in a hug. "What did your lawyer say?" 

"I'm gonna have to show I can take care of Bronx, otherwise I wont be able to see him very often." 

I nodded. "When is court?" 

"Next month." 

"Then I guess we'll have to get moving, don't we." I chuckled. He smiled widely and tightened his grip around me. "You sure about this?" 

I nodded. "Absolutely."  

Pete let go and held me on arms length. "Better get packing then." 

I smiled and kissed his cheek. We ate dinner on the couch while watching Nightmare before Christmas. After dinner, I washed the plates and called Stacy, I wanted her to be the first to know. 

"Hey what's up?" She mumbled from the other end.

"Hey Stace, I need to tell you something."

"Shoot."

"I'm moving..."

"Congratulations. Do you need any help?"

"To Chicago." I finished my sentence nervously.

"WHAT! WHY?"

"I'm moving in with Pete, he's divorcing his wife."

"Are you sure about this? I mean, isn't this a little soon? Last week you were talking about how you didn't care about him anymore."

"I'm sure and I never stopped caring about him! And who liked slow these days?" I joked but Stacy took it the wrong way.

"Well I'm sooo sorry for not wanting to see you hurt again by the same guy who left you broken- hearted five years ago." She snapped

"Yeeeeez Stacy calm down! I was joking. And Pete didn't leave me, I told him to leave."

"I guess everything is a joke to you. Bye Ali."

"Wait Stacy!" I tried but she'd already hung up the phone. "Great." I muttered and put the phone down. I sighed and walked into the living room where Pete was asleep on the couch. I smiled and planted a kiss on his forehead before going upstairs and packing my things. We'd decided that we would grab a plane as soon as I'd packed all of my stuff and sell tje house afterwards. Just so that I could settle in and get to know Bronx before we had to go to court. I was done packing my clothes and bathroom stuff when Pete stumbled into my room.

"You need help with something?"

"Yeah, could you put all of the pictures in this box?" I handed him a cardboard box.

"Sure." He took the box and walked through my room, picking up every photo frame and placing it in there.
"Oh, how did it go with Stacy?"

"She freaked out, she thinks we're moving to fast."

Pete sighed and put the box down on the bed. "I'm sorry, I know she means a lot."

"It's not your fault and she'll come around. I'm gonna go bye her house before we leave anyway."

"Yes it is! I'm the one who came crawling back and messed your life up."

I put the bag which I was holding down and walked over to Pete. I cupped his face with my hand and made him look at me. "And I'm glad you did! I love you so much, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"I love you too." He smiled and pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back and snuggled into his chest. We stood like that for a couple of minutes before Pete pulled back and kissed me on the top of my head. Then he continued collecting the photos. I picked my bag up from the ground and put the last little things in there before bringing it downstairs. Pete followed me and grabbed the photos downstairs before putting the box in the hallway.

~

Three hours later everything was packed and my house was completely empty except for the furniture. Pete had booked a flight for that night. I walked through the house one last time and then locked the door. We'd loaded all of the boxes into Pete's car.
I got in the car and we drove off, I sighed as I saw the familiar streets pass by for the last time. We pulled up in front of Stacy's house and I motioned for Pete to stay in the car while I got out. Just as I was about to knock the door flew open and Stacy wrapped her arms around me.

"Hi." I chuckled. Stacy playfully hit me on my back while she was still hugging me.

"This isn't funny! I'm gonna miss you so much and I still don't like it."

"I know, I know. But he makes me happy Stace, I hope you can understand." I sighed.

She pulled back, smiling sadly. She looked over my shoulder and her face fell. "You're leaving tonight?"

"Yeah, stalling would only make this worse."

She nodded. Then she turned away and quickly wiped her face.

"I'm gonna miss you." She mumbled as she turned back to me.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but we can call and text. I'll Skype you whenever I can. And I'm coming back in a month or two to sell the house." I said, holding back tears myself. I pulled her in for one last hug and kissed her cheek before turning around and walking back to the car. I got in and waved while Pete drove off.

At the airport we checked my baggage in and went to the lounge to wait to board. Pete insisted on paying everything because he was the reason I was moving in the first place. At midnight, we could finally get on the plane and find our seats while the cabin filled up. Of course, Pete had bought first class tickets. I smiled to myself as I sat down in the big fancy chair.

"What's so funny?" He asked confused.

"It's my first time in first class and I'm running away with my high school crush." I chuckled.

He laughed and grabbed my hand. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said as we took off. I looked out the window and saw the country I'd lived in for whole my leave shrink into a tiny little dot beneath me.

OMG guys! Over 1k reads! This is crazy! I'd never expected for so many people to read this, I'm so happy right now. Thank you so much for sticking with me even though this story isn't that good, but I'm trying to make it more interesting. I also think I'm not gonna make it a lot longer 'cause I think it's gonna get boring so I'm gonna keep it around 30 chapters I think.
I don't know where I'm taking this yet so suggestions are welcome ;)

Also, I'm writing another Fall Out Boy/ Peterick fanfic. I din't know if I'm gonna publish it yet but would you guys read it if I did? Let me know.

Thank you so much I love you all

-Sarah