Chapter 8

The boys finished up with the sound check a couple of minutes before the doors opened and the fans would be running in. We all went back to the dressing room, where they got ready for the show. Andy and Joe disappeared for a little while, I guess to their own dressing room to get changed. Patrick sat on the couch glued to his phone and Pete was digging in his suitcase for something to wear. I sat next to Patrick just thinking. Thinking about how lucky I was. I really didn't deserve this but I was so happy, I almost forgot how miserable my life was. Patrick chuckled, dragging me back to reality, he saw me looking at him and tilted his phone so that I could see what was so amusing. A video of a drunk Pete Wentz was playing, he was lying on the floor trying to get up and failing every time. I burst out laughing what caused Pete to look up from his hunt and squint his eyes at us. I quickly put on an innocent smile and turned back at Patrick's phone, Pete had managed to get up and tried to sit down on a chair. But he missed and fell to the ground again. I couldn't control myself anymore and laughed even harder, tears now streaming down my cheeks. Pete sighed and walked over to us trying to see what was so funny. Patrick, laughing just as hard as me showed him his phone. Pete's expression changed from surprise to worry to mad. "What th-" He stopped halfway a devilish grin spreading across his face. "Oh I'm so gonna get you back!"
Patrick immediately stopped laughing, looking concerned now. I on the other hand, had to hold my stomach and was barely able to keep myself from falling over. Pete went back to his suitcase, and I calmed down a bit. Patrick turned his attention back to his phone. He still looked worried. That's when Joe and Andy came back in.
"We're up in five." Joe said. He was wearing some black skinny jeans and a black Fall Out Boy shirt. Andy was shirtless, exposing his tattoos and was wearing some black shorts that reached to his knees. Patrick got up, shoving his phone in his pocket and pulled a shirt from under a pile of towels. "This what you're looking for Pete?"
He turned around and sighed in relieve. "Yes! Where did you find it?"
Patrick pointed at the pile.
"Oh, well thank you." He quickly changed and I couldn't help but stare at his toned abs and chest. Patrick noticed and chuckled. Pete popped his head trough the neck of his shirt. "What now?"
Patrick straightened out his face. "Oh nothing." Pete mumbled something under his breath and walked through the door. Joe and Andy followed and so did Patrick and I.
We were standing at the side of the stage and the boy were doing some strange pre-show thingy were they were just putting their hands on top of each other and mumbling. I turned around to give them some privacy and after two minutes or so I felt a hand on my shoulder. The hand spun me around so that I was facing its owner. Pete smiled at me and gave me an orange bracelet. I'd seen it on Patrick, that's what he used to get us backstage. "Come to the dressing room after the show." He gave me a quick hug and ran to the stage. I couldn't move for a couple of seconds. Did he really just hug me? A fuzzy feeling spread through my entire body as I turned and walked to the door leading to the hall. I pushed myself through the crowd 'till I reached the stage. Everyone was cheering when Pete announced the first song but I didn't hear it, I kept replaying the hug in my mind. I was brought back to reality by someone brutally smashing into me and wrapping her arms around me.
"Ali! You made it!" Anna shouted in my ear. I smiled and hugged her back. "Yep with some help from Patrick."
We let go of each other when the first song started playing and sang along as hard as we possibly could.

Hours passed and our throats hurt like hell, we were exhausted and we'd never felt better in our whole lives. I caught Pete looking at me now and then and it made me blush every time. Anna noticed and smiled, she was happy for me.
I didn't even notice they'd played their last song 'till they walked of stage with the crowd still cheering. Anna pulled me with her to the exit. "Come on I want to be in front of the line at the shops. I shook my head holding my arm up. It took her a moment to realize but then she saw the orange bracelet and screamed. "What?! You got backstage? This is amazing!"
I laughed. "I know right? I'm so happy! I'll get you an autograph I promise." I said while hugging her. With that we went our own ways, Anna pushing through the crowd to the shops and me to the backstage door. I got in easily and went to the dressing room. The door was open so I walked inside. Pete sat on the couch with a beer in his hand and Patrick was nowhere to be seen. Pete looked up and smiled. "Hey Ali you came."