Chapter 14

"OMG PETE!" I screamed and pulled him in a tight hug. "I've missed you!" He laughed at me and hugged me back. "I've missed you to kiddo." I pulled him inside and sat down on the couch. "I thought you still had a few concerts to play."

"We didn't," he chuckled, "I wanted to surprise you so I said we did." He sat down next to me.

"So how long can you stay?"

"I have two weeks."

"TWO WEEKS? THAT'S AMAZING!"

He smiled and grabbed my hand. "But why are you home? Don't you have school or something?"

Oh shit... "Yeah, I do but I got sent home."

"Why?"

"Well... eh..." Pete looked a bit worried.

"Ali what's wrong?"

"I-I don't know what happened but I was writing an-and then-" I couldn't say it so I pulled up my sleeve and looked down. I heard Pete gasp and he carefully grabbed my wrist.

"Why? Why would you do that?"

Well I guess I have to tell him now.

"I've had a rough time. I-my mom..."

"Your mom? Whats wrong with her?"

"She, she hit me."

I saw the sadness in his face but he didn't say anything, he just wrapped his arms around me and held me for a couple of minutes. He didn't met me go when I'd stopped crying and I didn't mind. Suddenly he pulled me on his lap and hugged me even tighter. I hugged back and for the first time since long I felt safe again. Pete would protect me, I could count on him. He kissed the top of my head and rested his chin on my shoulder.

We sat like that for ten minutes before he spoke. "You wanna do something fun?"

I smiled and nodded. Pete grinned and stood up pulling me up by my arm. "Come on."

We practically ran out the door and dove into his car. Pete rolled off the driveway and made his way through town.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

We drove for over an hour before Pete finally pulled up on a parking near a bridge. "Pete?"

"Hmm?"

"What are we doing on a bridge?"

"What can you do on a bridge?"

I had to think about that for a minute. "OMG are we bungee jumping?"

Pete nodded enthusiastically and jumped out the car. He ran around before I could get out and opened my door. "Thank you." I smiled.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me behind him. I laughed and ran to catch up with him. He was only a bit taller than me but his legs seemed so much longer. Near the edge of the bridge stood a man, the instructor I guessed. Pete shook his hand and then pointed to me. "And this is Ali."

I shook his hand and smiled. Pete and I both got suited up and were attached to the string. We slowly walked towards the edge, holding each others hands. I bit my lip and looked down, I felt butterflies in my stomachache. Such a beautiful view. I looked at Pete at the same time he looked at me.

"Together?"

"Together."

I nodded and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath before Pete pulled me off the edge falling into the deep.

I screamed from the top of my lungs while we raced to the ground, holding on to Pete's hand tightly. We looked at each other and laughed. I looked back down, the ground closing in fast before we suddenly stopped and flew back up. We were bouncing up and down for a couple of minutes and smiling like idiots.

Once we were standing on the bridge again I wrapped my arms around Pete from behind.

"Thank you!"

He turned around and pulled me tight. "Any time."

We both knew this wasn't about the bungee jumping.

"Come on lets go home."

I let go and grabbed his hand, walking back to his car.

"Where's the rest? I thought they where coming."

"They are, their flight is Saturday. They wanted to give us some time alone."

He looked down at me when he said that, smiling softly. I squeezed his hand and smiled back.

We got in the car and drove back to Anna's house. Since I got out of school so early and Pete arrived only two hours later their still wasn't anyone home. I got us some drinks as Pete sat down on the couch. "When will Anna be home?"

"In an hour I think, why?"

He took his drink and smirked.

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him, I took a sit looking at him from the corner of my eye. He was planning something. He took my drink and his and set them on the table then he pulled me up and swung me on his back.

"Pete what are you doing?"

He didn't say anything and walked out the back door to the garden. It was beautiful outside and I took a deep breath through my nose. I closed my eyes and laid my head against Pete's back. We were just walking around and I almost drifted to sleep but then Pete jumped. What th-

Before I could finish that thought we hit the water. We went under but Pete wouldn't let me go. When we came back up he was laughing so hard he could barely stand up and had to let me go. I freed myself and swam to a less deep part of the pool so that I could stand. "What the hell Pete?"

He was still laughing when he joined me and put his arm around me.

"It's such a beautiful day today."

"That doesn't mean you can throw me in the pool."

"Well I didn't, I threw myself in and you happened to be on my back."

I sighed, laughing and pushed him under. When he came up and looked at me in utter surprise I gave him a small smile. "Now we're even."

He grinned and swam away. I stayed in the shallow part, drifting on the water looking at the sky. I heard Pete next to me and turned my head only to see him pulling his shirt off. I gasped as he revealed his toned abs and muscular chest, I felt myself turn red and quickly turned my attention back to the clouds. Pete chuckled, removing more clothes 'till he had only his boxers on. While he was swimming I got out of the pool and changed into a bikini. The next half hour we swam around a bit, occasionally pushing each other under. We eventually got out and laid down on the grass to dry. Pete wrapped his warm arms around me a fuzzy feeling spread through my body and I nuzzled into his chest. "Where are you staying?"

"In Antwerp, close to that shopping street we were last time."

I made a strange noise and pulled myself a little closer. After a while he untangled himself from my arms and got up. He grabbed my arms, helping me up and got dressed. "Do you have to go?" I pouted.

"I don't think Anna's parents would take me in so yes. Sorry, I'll be back tomorrow."

"But I have school tomorrow."

"Then I'll pick you up afterwards." He kissed me on the top of my head and caressed my cheek. "Bye."

"Bye."

Hey guys

i'm sorry if it's horrible but I wanted to write and I don't have really have a lot of free time so yeah... but I'll try to write again next week. I hope you enjoyed please vote if you did and don't forget to tell me what you think. Thank you so much for reading I never expected over 300 people would read this and it's just so nice to see you guys keep reading.

LY

-Sarah