Chapter 27

The trial was today, Pete was absolutely freaking out. He was running up and down the stairs, getting stuff and putting other stuff away and just wouldn't sit still. Bronx was still asleep in his room, luckily, he would probably get upset by Pete's behavior. 

"Pete?" I tried for the tenth time today but he just sped back upstairs. I sighed and went to make breakfast before waking Bronx. I got him dressed and took him downstairs to eat. When we walked into the kitchen Pete was standing against the counter eating his cereal. I forced a faint smile and gave Bronx his food before grabbing my coffee cup.

"Pete, calm down." I said calmly when I noticed his hand were shaking and I could see Bronx had noticed too. He took a deep breath and put his bowl down. He turned around and gripped the counter with both hands. He took another couple of breaths before turning back around and smiling at his son. 

"I love you buddy, you know that right?" He asked a little desperate. 

Bronx nodded and jumped up to give him a hug. "I love you too daddy." Pete bend down and picked the little boy up, pulling him tight against his chest. I took a sip from my coffee and smiled at the scene in front of me. But I put my mug down and put my hand on Pete's shoulder as I saw what time it was. "You have to get going, you're gonna be late." 

He nodded and gave Bronx to me, he kissed the top of the boy's head and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Good luck." I whispered as he turned around and left. 

"Where's daddy going?" Bronx squealed and looked up at me. 

I sighed and took him to the living room where we both sat down in the couch. "You know your mommy and daddy aren't together anymore?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, he's going to see her now to decide where you're gonna live." 

Bronx thought about what I said for a while and then looked back at me. "Why can't I choose?"

"I don't know honey." I sighed. "I really don't know." I pulled him in my lap and hugged him tight. 

"I wanna live here." He whispered and tightened his grip on me. I kissed him on the top of his head and pulled back a little so I could look at him. "Let's watch a movie 'till daddy comes back." He nodded and sat back on the couch, letting me choose this time. 

~

Three hours later I heard a key turn in the lock and ran to the door. Pete came in, a horrid expression on his face and tears in his eyes. I felt my heart break and put my hand over my mouth. "Omg Pete what happened?" I managed to choke out. 

"Ashlee asked for joint custody and primary physical custody, with visitation, along with spousal support." He sighed. "That means I'll barely see him." 

I gasped and felt tears form in my eyes. "No..." Was the only thing I could get out and wrapped Pete in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry!" 

He shook his head and rubbed circles on my back. "It's not your fault, her defense was that I would be on the road with the band and wouldn't have any time for my own son." He sobbed into my shoulder. 

I didn't know what to do or say so I just held him as tight as possible and softly stroke his arms. A little while later Bronx came running downstairs and joined in on the hug. "Daddy what's wrong?" He asked when he noticed Pete crying.  Pete wiped his face and picked him up. 

"You're gonna live with your mommy from now on buddy. I'm sorry." He said and hugged him like his life depended on it. Bronx started crying as well and clutch to Pete's shirt. "I don't want to." 

"I'm so sorry." Pete sobbed and I wrapped my arms around the two boys. We stood like that for almost ten minutes when Pete took a deep breath and put Bronx down. "Go pack your stuff buddy, you're going to mommy tomorrow." Bronx nodded sadly and disappeared upstairs. 

I led Pete to the couch and sat him down while holding on to his hand. "We're gonna get through this Pete, she can't do this to you. We'll find a way to get him back." He looked up at me and smiled sadly. "I hope you're right." He said before kissing me passionately. Bronx came back downstairs and cuddled in between us on the couch. We ended up falling asleep like that, Pete holding on to his son like he would never let go and his legs intertwined with mine. 

Hey guys. 

I'm sorry it's so short and crappy but I just don't feel like writing this anymore and I want to finish it. I know where the story's going now so I'll probably put the last chapter up somewhere next week or maybe even this weekend. But please let me know if you would read my Drarry fanfic or if you'd rather have another FOB fanfic. 

Thank you so much for 1.5k read and 126 votes it means a lot! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did please vote and comment. I love you all so much

-Sarah Goemans.