Chapter 40.) The Way to San José

"This city is far from poverty," Assyria said the moment they exited the truck

"This city is far from poverty," Assyria said the moment they exited the truck. They were ten minutes behind the scheduled departure time but Lucky took full responsibility for trying to get in a few rounds.

The first thing they would do is get everything sorted out with the apartment, change if anyone needed to and then they would head out to the amusement park. Neela and Omari noticed it on their way to the city and the adults collectively agreed to add that as activity number one. Lucky was convinced that the adults were the ones who actually wanted to go but used the kids as an excuse. If he were being honest, he wanted to go as well.

"I'm just ready to do some shopping. I needa see find some collectibles for my shop," Camille replied as she followed behind Assyria.

The family had noticed that she and Assyria were like one another's shadow. Lucky was happy about it, being that she and Assyria had a lot of common interests, and he had no patience for her getting snippy with Ava. He still had no idea why Ava was always a target for her but that was a deadball. Sister or no sister, Lucky wasn't putting up with or allowing her to use having ADHD as an excuse for being disrespectful. Her last visit was the tipping point and for Camille's sake and the sake of the bond, he'd prefer if she didn't hang around Ava for too long.

"Is there food inside?" Karen asked as they entered the spacious apartment. Everyone had assumed it would be tiny or crowded inside but they were all wrong. From the outside looking in, one would have assumed it was small on the inside but it was large enough to house everyone for two days.

"Nah, we gotta stop at tha' market after tha' amusement park," Lucky answered as he keyed in the code after closing the door. "I actually need everyone to meet me in tha' family room tho so we can discuss tha' sleeping arrangements," he added.

Everyone placed their bags by the door before following behind him. There was a good twenty-second walk between the front door and the family room. The stairs were around the back and there was a dining room that was turned into an extra living room area.

Once everyone got settled, Lucky picked Zora up and looked around for a moment before speaking. "First, just let me say dat I appreciate everyone being here and sticking around. I put a lot of thought into dis vacation and how we'd spend it together and sometimes solo. Tha' first week, I intended for us to do everything together. Next week, we have two things I planned and tha' last five days will be free game. Meaning, you can go off and do whatever as long as it's around tha' resorts. Now..." he cleared his throat, "sleeping arrangements here will be a lil different for some of you. I wanted tha' women to have tha' rooms upstairs and us men will sleep down here. If for some reason one of youse grown ass man can't sleep on'a couch or tha' floor, then I 'ont know what to tell ya, cause I ain't make arrangements for tha' women to give up their space, so argue with tha' man in tha' sky. Any questions?"

Assyria raised her hand, "how many bathrooms are there?"

"Right," Ary snickered, "there's a lot of women here."