Chapter 76.) Eviction

"Why would you close my bank account and turned my phone off?" A very infuriated Laiya asked Bryson as he attempted to ignore her and read through client emails. It's been two weeks since he did what Renae and Dajon had suggested and Laiya finally decided to come home but she came with vengeance.

"I deactivated your services because I was paying the bill. I closed your accounts because I was depositing money. You think it's okay to disrespect me after I fought my ass off to have you in my life? If you can't appreciate my love for you, you will not lay around and drain me, not anymore."

"What are you even saying? How am I supposed to live if I have no money?! You took me off your car insurance, Dad! I can't drive my car without insurance!"

"Not my problem," he continued reading the email.

"It very much is your problem!" she snapped, "you took my money! You cut off my phone! I'm driving my car illegally! How am I supposed to eat if I don't have any money for food? You stripped me of my basic needs!"

"It's my money," he stared at her, "I gave you that money out of the kindness of my heart because you are my daughter. I gave you that money out of the kindness of my heart because you are in school. I gave you that money so that you wouldn't have to stress about supporting yourself while in beauty school."

"So much for supporting me when you took away my only source of income," she spoke sarcastically.

"Then maybe you should get a job," he spoke in a dull tone.

"First of all," she stepped forward, "I'm not getting a job! I'm not going to work and live paycheck to paycheck like the rest of you people! You told the judge you would provide for me, so hop to it," she snapped her fingers.

"Sure, I'll provide for you when you show me some respect. I'll provide for you when you find the mind that you seemed to have lost. I'll provide for you when you get rid of this fake persona and bring my daughter back! That lazy ass boy got your head so twisted, you're out here dressing like you lost your ever-lasting mind."

"Fake?!" She laughed, "only thing fake in this house was the love you so-called had for me. I am grown and I'm tired of telling you that! There is nothing wrong with the way I dress, if this makes you uncomfortable then you have some issues to work out."

"I've heard enough," Renae appeared from the back with Dajon and a few suitcases.

"What is this?" she looked between the three, "a setup?"

"Nah," Dajon walked over and dropped the suitcases by her feet with an envelope, "here's your freedom."

"I'm not leaving," she turned to Bryson.

"You are," Renae folded her arms.

"Dad?"

Bryson closed the laptop and made his way upstairs.

"Dad?!"

"This isn't like you, Lay..." Dajon took a seat beside her. "what's going on?"

"I am tired of you all treating me like I'm a child! Our freaking father just cut me off, how the hell am I supposed to survive with no money?!"

"Oh, I don't know... get a job?" Renae shrugged.

"Why do I have to work when I have a family that's rich? Does that even make sense?"

"It makes perfect sense," Dajon shook his head, "you are spoiled and it's time for us to stop ignoring the signs."

Laiya scoffed, "So what? He's kicking me out?"

"We're kicking you out until you find your common sense," Renae corrected.

"Some big sister you are. All of you are so fucking fake, Jasper was right, I don't need any of you!" she stood and grabbed her things.