/𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘴 /

ok so this just randomly popped in my head while listening to break the rules by charli XCX so let's just go along with it.

also my ankle is KILLING me ong guys tysm for asking and worrying about you really should have🥰😘

(i'm sorry😓☝🏼)

i use too many emojis

(both boys are 16, 1980s)

———————

Bruce was a rule follower.

he always has, that's how he was raised.

but when he got to high school, everything changed for him. kids skipped school, smoked in the bathrooms, cheated on tests, everything.

bruce thought they were all idiots, and we're going to fail at life when they got older. but none were worse than vance hopper.

he did everything that wasn't allowed. plus, you thought he had authority over everyone in the grade since he was one of the oldest. not to mention he's the strongest and toughest.

the brunette had heard many stories of vance. one time, a kid bumped into his pinball machine while he was playing, and ruined his score. vance best the kid up and even pulled a pocket knife. the police came and escorted him out.

that was the worst one, but bruce didn't care. vance was a bad kid, and he would never get anywhere in life. he's be a nothing rotting away in a dirty jail cell.

but bruce's teacher thought otherwise.

"before you guys go, can i please have bruce and vance stay after please?" the algebra teacher asks. all eyes turn to them, bruce having a shocked look and vance well.... vance was just drawing dicks on the bottom of the desk.

when the bell rang, everyone slowly left the classroom, sending concerned glances to bruce and vance. after everyone left, the teacher told them to come to the front of the room.

"bruce, since you're one of our top students in here, i'm going to need a favor from you. could you possibly tutor vance? i know it'll be hard but i will give you extra credit." that was like dollar signs in bruce's eyes. he loved getting extra credit.

when the two were excused, bruce dragged vance down to a lunch table outside in the garden. setting their stuff down, vance just stared at bruce.

how has he never noticed the brunette? why was he so willing to help vance? and why was he suddenly so cute?

vance mentally slapped himself out of it for the last one. cute? he's never thought anyone was cute before, why is bruce so different from everyone else?

"come on hopper, focus." bruce snapped his fingers in vance's face, shoving his shoulder to sit him down. the blonde broke his trance and used his best scowl to scare bruce.

"stop doing that, it will freeze like that and you'll be stuck ugly forever." bruce didn't even look up at vance to see his face, just knowing by his body language and how he reacted to certain actions. you could say bruce was a people watcher.

"why? wasn't i hot already?"

"-oh sorry i meant uglier."

vance's eyes went wide. the nerve this kid had! nobody dared speak to him like this. hell, not even seniors did. so why was a little smartass A honor roll twink sassing him? and vance was even letting it happen?!

cracking his knuckles, vance leaned over the brunette. he wasn't going to actually hit the boy, just scare him. maybe that'll teach him to shut his fucking mouth.