Clean Break

Y/n's p.o.v

"Where are the docks! We've been walking for days!" Bran said still holding me up. I held onto him as I smiled. "You've been walking, I feel like Cleopatra being carried around" I snickered. "I will drop you girly don't test me." He said as I smiled. I heard a crunch as I looked at the waterbottle. "I don't understand people who litter" Roxxie said. "You should be an environmentalist" I told her as she fake laughed. "Thank you."

We stopped at Mitch and Tiff's campsite, our eyes wide, Brans grip on me faltering as I fell to the ground with a yelp. "Crap- I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed helping me up. "It's fine!" I said to him as he sighed in relief. He put me on a chair as they looked around. "Maybe they were here?" Bran asked. "We were- Mitchell and Tiffany let us stay. They weren't the folks we stayed with for long. Look in there" I pointed at the tent as they walked in. Watching Dave quickly ran out and puke I knew what used to be there remained. "They hunted for fun, thought it made them better. It didn't." I said as they nodded.

"Let's just keep going" Dave said as he picked me up. "Roxxie it's your turn to carry the baby next" he said as I smiled. They walked for what felt like centuries before we stopped in the middle of the woods. We started a fire, Dave leaving to get wood. "Tell me, What happened after you were abandoned?" Bran asked. "It's a funny story- We could've all gone home, There was a boat waiting for us but.. we didn't make it in time. We were on the wrong side of the island at the wrong time.."

"The boat left." Bran asked as I nodded. "Lots of other kids and people remained, but they weren't as fortunate." I said as he cringed. "There were kids that died because of dinosaurs and their bones were all that were left but.. the dinosaurs were almost afraid of us- Except 1."

"What dinosaur?" Roxxie asked sitting down. "It was a hybrid, Like the indominous only worse, it had everything mixed in and it was the ugliest thing ever. It had quills sharper than the sharpest knife and eyes like blistering flames." I lifted my shirt to reveal the scars from where the quills had been. "I could've died but- They saved me." Putting my shirt down Bran looked shocked. "Nothing happened to Darius right-?" He asked as I shook my head. "Apart from the boat nothing happened really"

"The boat?" Roxxie asked. "The boat! It was Mitch and Tiffs, after they were eaten we repurposed it and made it our own. We were on our way home when the mosasaur decided we were a tasty snack. It destroyed our boat and that's how we washed up on the island of Mantah Corp. My dads company" I said as Roxxie nodded. "They tried creating dinosaurs but Wu beat them to it!" She said as I nodded. "After communications with the park went down they had no way of talking to their contact who was giving them the blueprints of the Jurassic era."

"The contact?" Roxxie asked. "Sammy, Texas as you called her." Roxxie looked shocked as I continued. "After we washed up on the island we faced with even more dinosaurs before we met Kash, Mae, Almond, Even my dad- and it was good for the most part. My friend Eddie was there and we were doing well. Till we learned about the Dino fights. Forcing innocent dinosaurs to fight each other without a choice was heartbreaking and we have tried again and again to do something to stop it but so far.. it hasn't been of any use. Dad is selling dinosaurs to Biosyn and we have no way of stopping that either."

I stared at the ground as we heard rustling from behind us. "Dave? Back so soon?" Roxxie asked. "Dave?" Bran asked. Out ran a signature dinosaur, D/F/N. "Back up! Back up!!" Roxxie shouted holding up her gun. "It's okay! It's okay!" I exclaimed as D/F/N plowed into my back knocking me down. "This- was that dinosaur you were talking about? The creepy hybrid?" Bran asked. "No! No! This is my pet! D/F/N! She's my girl- my best friend!" I hugged her tight as she roared happily just like bumpy did. "Can I- can I pet her?" Bran and Roxxie both asked. "She's like a cat so let her get used to you." They both stuck their hands out as D/F/N stared for a moment.

Craning her neck she smelt at their hands before allowing them to touch her, Roxxie ran her hands along her scales as Bran rubbed her chin. "I never knew dinosaurs could be so gentle" Bran said as I smiled. "It's a little secret, all dinosaurs can be gentle when they want to be" I smiled as we heard rustling in the woods again. "Dave? That you this time?" Hearing grumbling we determined it was Dave. "Is there something you'd like to share with the group?" Roxxie asked, D/f/n found a spot under my back as I smiled. "Yeah- Maybe Bran is right and we should pack it in. From what we know the kids left weeks ago and are on some unknown island."

"I know my brother, he's waiting for someone to come get him and that someone is us" He said. "I know him too! Sure it wants a lifelong thing but I did save his life once and that counts as.. I don't know like, seven years. We pretty much know him the same." Dave said. "Where are you getting this stuff from?" Roxxie asked. "Point is, we aren't achieving anything by going to the opposite dock, If there was anyone else on this island, they would make themselves known the the cabin crew" Dave said crossing his arms. Hearing someone clear their throat we looked at Mae and Almond. "We've made ourselves known" Mae said with a smile.

With a smirk we stood up looking at Mae and Almond happily.

(Hey guys! Sorry for the long break but it was well needed I've done a lot of hikes over my fall break so I just needed some me time:) but relating to the story I skipped episode 7: The leap because it was only about those on the Mantah Corp island as we aren't there, so! I decided to skip. We have 4 more episodes plus the movies so stay tuned!
Love ya, Author 💋