Chapter 3:

BROOKE'S POV

My head was killing, my body was aching like crazy!

I slowly lifted my head, eyes slowly/ painfully adjusted to the light in the room... I was in a freaking glass cell!

I looked around and saw a guitar was on lying on the floor; Fury!

I leaned against my glass prison and picked up the guitar and strummed it a few times.

"Aw Fury I thought you didn't care about me," I said into the camera that was facing me. "I guess you miss the good old days, huh?"

STEVE'S POV

Everyone was in the control room, looking at the computers that were showing us a live feed of Brooke in the glass cell. I couldn't help but think back to what her and her friend said on the plat form, 'I'm with you till the end of the line.' It's what Bucky and I used to say and I swear she called her friend Bucky!

"Is there anything on the boy?" Clint asked.

The feed changed to the boy. "Jax Buchanan Barnes, he and Brooke have been friends since they were born, they were both Agents but together they were a nightmare so we split them up, Jax came back for Brooke and that's how she left SHIELD," Fury explained.

I thought I had lost my mind... This kids name was Jax Buchanan Barnes?

Was that a coincidence?

"I want to speak with Brooke," I told Fury.

Fury looked at me and shook his head. "I can't let you do that," He told me.

I kept a straight face. "I wasn't asking," I told him and left the room.

I walked through the corridor, pushed past the Agents to get to her cell; Bucky was still alive, she must know him to know what we used to say as children!

I scanned my hand on the side of the door and went in the room... She was singing...

"She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette

She broke his heart, he spent his whole life tryin' to forget

We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time

But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind

Until the night

He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger

And finally drank away her memory

Life is short, but this time it was bigger

Than the strength he had to get up off his knees

We found him with his face down in the pillow

With a note that said, 'I'll love her till I die.'

And when we buried him beneath the willow

The angels sang a whiskey lullaby."

Her voice was beautiful...

"It's rude to stare," She said quietly and turned to look at me. "Please have a seat."

I sat cross legged in front of her glass cell and I watched her strum the rest of the song.

"What's you name?" She asked looking up at me. "You know mine, it's only fair I know yours."

"Steve Rogers," I told her.