Chapter 12:

*BROOKE'S POV*

I had been staying with my Dad for a few weeks now, things were great but I missed Jax. I missed my old life of helping people and feeling the adrenaline as I ran through bullets and kicked bad guy butt!

So I'm kind of under cover...

I was in my room packing my bag of stuff (Weapons), Rex was lying on the bed in front of me. "BROOKE COME HERE!" I heard Dad shout.

I sighed. "COMING!" I shouted back then looked at Rex. "Guard the bag!"

I walked out my room and into the kitchen where Dad was; He was leaning against the counter with a glass of water in his hand.

"Whatever it is I didn't do it," I told him and sat at the table.

Dad smiled. "I never said you did," He pointed out.

I hummed. "It's your tone of voice," I told him.

"Brooke your not in trouble," He told me. "I need to go into SHIELD for the night."

I frowned. "That's not fair!" I raised my voice. "What about the others?"

"I have to go, it's my night shift," He told me.

I crossed my arms and frowned; Dad does all the heavy work and he hardly spends time with me. I sound really bratty but he's my Dad, the only relation I have!

"Hey sort that lip out," Dad told me and crossed his arms. "If you behave tonight I'll take you to the baseball park and we'll play some ball?"

I smiled slightly. "I'll hold you to that old man!" I told him.

"Hey I'll have non of that you," He told me with a smile. "Are you going to be alright on your own or do you wanna come to SHIELD?"

I shook my head. "I'd rather not," I mumbled.

I hadn't been to SHIELD since the day I went home with Dad, I can't see Jax again I really can't, I feel so bad about what I did and I just don't want to see him!

"Okay, I have to go in a minute," He told me sadly. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Daaaaaad I can take care of my self," I told him as I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and ruffled my blonde hair. "You can paint your room then," He told me.

"I could but it's too much effort," I told him and stood up.

"No that's exactly what you can do!" He told me and pushed me towards my room. "I'll say bye in a few minutes, I'm just packing a bag."

"Okay, " I told him and skipped to my room.

I went into my room and shut my door.

I went over to my bed and continued to sort out my bag; I had a job tonight, I had a tip off about a robbery that was going to happen at a warehouse. The warehouse held over 20,000 different kinds of weapons. I was determined to keep those weapons safe!

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

"Brooke can I come in?" I heard Dad ask.

I panicked and threw my stuff under my bed, picked up my pad and pencil. "Come in," I called.

Dad walked in. "Right I'm going to head off now, are you going to be alright?" He asked.

"Dad I'll be fine!" I told him.

*WOOF**WOOF*

I giggled and looked at Rex. "We'll be fine," I corrected myself.

I stood up and hugged Dad tightly. "Please don't blow the building up," He told me and kissed the top of my head.