Chapter 4:

Jax and I had been staying in SHIELD for a while now, we were waiting for Fury to tell us if he had any leads on the where abouts of the Winter Soldier.

Doctor Bruce Banner had tested mine and Steve's DNA and confirmed I was his daughter.

Honestly I had been avoiding Steve and the other Avengers, well apart from Clint and Natasha, they were cool and they got on with Jax which surprised me!

It was the middle of the night when I woke up next to Jax; I had another nightmare.

And no Jax and I are not a couple we just protect each other like brother and sister.

I've had nightmares for years, memories from being tested on back in the labs, being hurt then nightmares of some of the missions I had to do for Hydra and other nightmares were having to go back and have everything happen again! I climbed out of bed, changed into some leggings and a baggie dark blue t- shirt, I slipped my trainers on and headed down to the gym. I wrapped my hands up and started to punch one of the bags, I was breathing heavily, smashing the bag with all my force, I was angry, scared, all my emotions were tearing me apart... I jumped and span in the air kicking the bag across the room, causing it to hit the wall.

... Oops...

I sighed, as sweat poured from my forehead, I sat on the floor staring at the bag lying in front of me. I looked at the ceiling were the hook was supposed to be... It had been ripped out.

"Fury's going to kill me," I muttered.

"No he won't," A voice said from behind me. I turned my head to see Steve standing there holding a bag on his shoulder. "I've done that a few times."

I sighed; no running from him now. "I didn't mean it," I told him and stood up walking over to the bag. "My emotions got the better of me."

I picked up the bag and carried to the side of the room where some of the other bags were.

"Don't worry it happens," Steve told me as he hooked a bag up. "Couldn't sleep?"

I sighed and stood by the side of him. "Nightmare," I told him quietly. "How about you, how come you're awake?"

Steve sighed and started to punch the bag. "Nightmare," He told me honestly.

I watched him for a few minutes... Are we alike? I always hear Natasha and Clint compare us...

"My nightmare was of when I used to get tested on and the missions Hydra sent me on," I told him softly, Steve looked at me with sad eyes. "You chose to be a super soldier, I didn't. I tried having a normal life but I can't, I'm strong, fast and flexible, normal isn't really me."

"I shouldn't even be alive right now," He mumbled and sat next to me. "I became a super soldier during world war 2, I crashed a ship in to the icy sea, I should have died but the serum saved me, I was frozen for 70 years, I woke up in a world that I don't understand and I was terrified. The person I fell in love with 70 years ago is now an old lady who lived a life with another man and they had a family together."

I felt tears in my eyes, we had both suffered, we had both been pushed to our limits... Something inside of me sparked and I hugged Steve tightly; Why do I have such a big heart. Steve wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry," We both said at the same time.

We both pulled out the hug and studied each other, we looked a like before I was too stubborn to see but now... We are the same, I feel so bad for shutting him out.

Steve sighed. "Look I'm new to this," He admitted quietly. "Can we start this again, on good terms. I was so confused and scared that I didn't even try and talk to you."