Chapter 5

Leo's Pov

I was leading Y/n through the lair showing her everything and also making jokes as much as I could. She laughed at every one of them, it was so odd my brothers usually just rolled their eyes and got irritated or thought they were awful. It was nice to have someone genuinely laugh at them for a change.

"Annnddd this is my room." She peeked into the subway, slowly and examined the room. She looked so cute with her eyes wide and curious "wooww it looks so cozy."

I smiled at how adorable she looked. She had her hands on her chest almost like she was trying to hide. It was kind of odd considering April said that she was always really intimidating and tough.

"Ok I just have one last thing to do since you're staying here and we don't have an extra room.... You can stay in one of ours with us if you want to." She thought for a moment. "I don't want to bother you or your brothers though I can sleep on the couch or something."

Why was she so kind? April must have been wrong about her when she said Y/n wasn't too nice around other people. "I promise you won't bother any of us." I stopped for a second and looked at her. She looked like she was trying to decide. "Y'know you could stay with me... if you want to." I leaned on the doorway of my room with my arms crossed.

She thought for a little longer. "You know what that doesn't sound too bad." wait did she actually say that she wanted to... "Alright well sadly that's all I have to show you for the lair." "Aww, I was looking forward to hanging out more with ya." I felt my face heat up a little. It wasn't even in a romantic way this time, it was just nice to have someone that wanted and enjoyed hanging out with me.

I put my hand on my hip, my other rested on the wall and then I smirked at her. "I mean... we can... still hang out if you want." She just looked at me with an apologetic expression "Sorry hun I think I'm gonna go hang out with Donnie. I asked him if he could show me how some of his inventions worked, it looked interesting."

My eyes widened just a little. "Did you just call me hun, cupcake?" I said with the most smug look on my face. Then her face turned a little red and made her look even more adorable. "Oh yeah sorry, I usually call April that because she is my bestie and I only really hang around her so it's just a force of habit."

She put her hand on the back of her head nervously and then looked at the ground. "Well actually I wouldn't mind you calling me that." her face looked up at me again even redder than it was before but then it faded after a few seconds. "Nooo I think I'll just call you Leo."

Then she crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out at me. I felt my face heat up again. She looked so adorable when she did that. " Aw but I want a cute nickname. You owe it to me since I gave you one." she just rolled her eyes and then looked like she started thinking.

"Oh I know April called you a dingus when we came back from that rooftop soo I guess I'll call you that." "wHAt? Hey, that is NoT cool." She just smiled and started walking off but I followed her.

"Come on pleeeassee." I gave her puppy dog eyes and put both my hands together. She looked a little shocked and then sighed. "Fine..." She started thinking for about twenty seconds and then smiled.

"Blueberry" She then flicked my snout with her finger but then yelped a bit she must have forgotten about her injuries. "are you ok?" I looked at her a little worried. she just stood there for a second almost lost in thought or... was she? "uhm yeah yeah I'm fine see you in a bit."

Y/n walked off toward Donnie's room she seemed almost startled and scared but frustrated and angry at the same time at what had just happened I wonder what was going through her head.