Chapter 20

Third person pov

There was silence and not the good kind. After about 3 minutes Y/n managed to speak. "So you both... would be fighting.. over me?" She pointed a finger at herself.

"Precisely." Donnie stated

Y/n looked at them both...

"No, absolutely not!" She raised her voice while crossing her arms.

Leo's face turned into pure sadness. While Donnie just looked disappointed in himself.
They both were thinking how stupid they had been.

Why would this amazing, beautiful, kind, brave and breathtaking girl be interested in them?

I mean she was drop dead gorgeous and they were mutants. How could they ever compare to a human?

They also only knew her for maybe what two weeks? Why the hell did they think this would work?

"Oh- uhm guess that means you don't feel the same way heh..." Leo forced a fake smile and a small chuckle.

Y/n's eyes widened "what- n-no no no the exact opposite." 

Now the boys were just confused. "Well then, why not?" Donnie questioned crossing his arms.

"Do you two knuckleheads not get it?" She asked. While Donnie and Leo just looked at each other then back to her shaking their heads.

Y/n placed a hand on her hip. "You do realize that you would be playing a dangerous game. With this wonderful thing called, oh I don't know your emotions!" She raised her voice again not in a rude way just... more of a disappointed tone.

"How so?" Donnie had a confused expression while asking her.

"Let's say you two were trying to win me over. Eventually what happens when it's time for me to decide huh? What's gonna happen? One of you ends up hurt." She sounded angry but also... sad, so, so, sad at the thought of one of them ending up hurt and heart broken.

Leo and Donnie looked at each other once more and nodded. "We-were ok with that." Leo sounded like he was forcing a normal tone. He was also forcing a smile... he almost always had a smile on his face. god how does he do that Y/n thought.

"Well I'm not ok with two people I lo-" she stopped. Was she just about to say love?!!? Seriously!!???

"Care about getting hurt." She picked off quickly from where she stopped before.

"Were you just about to say-" Leo started with that same smirk painted on his face.

"Don't say it! Don't even think it." She said while pointing a finger at him threateningly

"Well we both know the risks and we are willing to take them." Donnie spoke with certainty. But inside he hated knowing that it was a 50-50. Usually the odds were in his favor...

"I. don't. care. 𝘋𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰." She was inches away from Donnie. While pressing a finger on his plastron.

He slightly shivered at this. He got the full name, and you know that means something not good.

But before Y/n knew it Leo put a hand on her shoulder. She turned and was looking directly at him. "Y/n... it's ok. whichever one of us you would choose... we'd be alright."

She stared at Leo's eyes trying to figure out how to tell him no. But she couldn't.

Y/n sighed, "you two make it really hard to say no."

Leo smiled "so I assume that's a yes you'll give us a shot?"

She sighed once again. "Affirmative." She raised her arms and did slight jazz hands clearly mocking Donnie a bit.

"Heyyyy! That's my thing." He slightly slouched while frowning.

Y/n rolled her eyes and gave him a kiss on the forehead. His face turned a light shade of pink.

She then turned her head back to Leo. He looked a little bummed out. But she surprised him when she placed both her hands on his face. Slightly tilting it down to kiss his forehead as well.

Y/n sighed again. This time out of happiness and relief. She then walked out of the lab.

The boys were going to fight over her and she couldn't do anything about it. Heaven knows she can't pick between them...

       oh she had to tell April about this