44. Haezel

Haezel Rose Targaryen.

"Cersei-"

"No. Never." Vaera corrected.

"My bloodline-' Tyon went on and Vaera rolled her eyes.

"Haezel. Rose. Targaryen."

"Lannister." Tyon hissed and Vaera scowled back at him.

"Let me see my grandbaby." Viserys declared and Tyon bowed before him as Viserys entered.

"Daddy." Vaera said reaching for him as he sat beside her.

"Oh, Vaera a beautiful baby girl." Viserys coed as Vaera passed her off.

"Haezel." Vaera told him.

"Haezel." He repeated kissing her head. "My girl, my baby has a baby." Viserys declared leaning into Vaera.

"Her and Jace are going to be the best of friends. I can see it now." Vaera told him.

"She has your eyes." Viserys remarked softly.

"And she has my...." Tyon looked down at the child a tuff of black hair on her head.

"Lord Tyon, might I have a moment alone with my daughter?" Viserys requested but Tyon knew it was a demand.

"Of course your grace." Tyon exited quickly and Harwin peered in.

"Harwin, come meet my daughter." Vaera requested.

"How are you princess?" Harwin asked kneeling before her.

"My heart feels very happy." Vaera told him.

"So beautiful." Harwin whispered.

"I'm glad you have such a dutiful guard, Vaera." Viserys told her. "I don't like how pompous your husband is." He admitted and vaera chuckled but her stomach hurt from the labor and she brought a hand around her middle.

"I'm glad to have Harwin." Vaera agreed. "He is a blessing." Vaera said as harwin looked at her. He wanted to kiss her. He wanted to kiss her right now and never stop. "Father I think Harwin would like to meet Haezel properly." Vaera remarked patting the seat next to her, Harwin rose his thigh brushed against hers as he sat. Viserys nodded kissing little Haezel's head as Vaera took her from Viserys and handed her off to Harwin.

"She is perfect, Princess." Harwin told her and he thought he might cry. His baby girl. Vaera leaned into him as they down at the perfect little creation they had made.

+

"Vaera threatened me." Alicent spat. Viserys stared back at her.

"My Vaera?" Viserys chuckled at the thought. "MY Vaera is an angel. It must have been a dream."

"She threatened your queen." Alicent hissed. "You don't believe me? Vaera is a monster."

"Alicent." Viserys hissed.

"It's true! And now her and Rhaenyra have birthed bastards!" Alicent spat.

"Enough!" Viserys shouted and slapped her in the face Alicent took a step back her hand at her cheek. "You will learn your place." Viserys warned. "I will not hear another word out of your mouth about my angel." Alicent sucked in a shaky breath as her hand fell to her side.

"Of course, your grace." Alicent agreed. "My apologizes." She added bitterly.

+

"We could wed them." Rhaenyra offered.

"Stop!" Vaera whined. Gael and Harwin stood across the room smug looks on their handsome faces.

"What?" Rhaenyra countered. "Haezel would be queen one day."

"I don't want her to be queen." Vaera countered. "But if and when she falls in love, if she happens to fall in love with Jace then so be it." Vaera agreed.

"Falling in love.... You want that for her... I want that for Jace." Rhaenyra agreed.

"Then love is what they will get." Vaera agreed. 'we can do things differently than our ancestors." Vaera assured.

"The queen." Gael announced and Vaera groaned, Harwin bit at his lip to keep from smiling.

"Step daughters." She remarked stepping inside. "your children only a few moons apart and you both look radiant already..." Alicents words were sweet but her tone was bitter.

"Can't say the same for you." Vaera countered. "Its been how long since my little Aemond was born and you are still carrying around that baby weight, or perhaps you are pregnant again.' Alicent bit her tongue. Angel. More like the devil in disguise.

"No." Alicent corrected.

"Maybe stop barking orders at Criston and get off your ass and you will out live my father." Vaera remarked and Rhaenyra couldn't stop the laugh that escaped her. "Was there a purpose for your visit? Mommy." Vaera added with a smile.

"I wanted to congratulate you both..." Alicent remarked.

"Did you?"

"I wanted to congratulate your husbands but I see the babies fathers are already here." Alicent went on and Vaera stood up.
"You have something to say, Alicent?" Vaera asked her head tilted threateningly.

"I do." Alicent agreed.

"your grace the king." Harwin announced and Alicent took a step back.

"Husband." She said fondly but Viserys moved past her.

"My babies having babies." Viserys declared hugging Vaera. "Still growing strong?"

"Of course daddy." Vaera agreed. "Haezel and Jace's eggs are on the fire, the same batch, they are going to be siblings hatching and probably mating if my hope." Vaera told him confidently.

"Lovely.''

"Calypso, he was not happy but I brought Haezel out to see him and he sounded lie a kitten." Vaera told him as she leaned on him. Alicent glared at Vaera as she lead Viserys out.

"You are never going to beat Vaera." Rhaenyra told Alicent smugly. "You will always come second best to her. Everyone does." Rhaenyra added. "Father has loved Vaera more than anyone, ever. You are... insignificant compared to his baby girl."

"Ser Harwin, do join us." Vaera requested as they walked she passed Haezel off to Harwin he smiled down at her. "Calypso loves Haezel. I know it. You should have heard him daddy it was the sweetest thing." Vaera went on as they walked.