74. Celebratory Cookie

Vaera walked through the gates of the castle with her head held high and a lion behind her.

''Hannibal...'' vaera coed her forehead against his and he purred against her. Harwin watched from the shadows. Vaera nodded to the shores and Hannibals grumbled.

''I'm getting you a snack.'' Vaera whispered but the snack appeared. ''Never mind handsome you stay put. Bitch in green. Bitch in green.'' She whispered kissing his big nose.

''Vaera love.'' viserys declared alicent marched up behind him.

''Tyon... he got me a lion.'' Vaera remarked. ''It was his dying wish.'' Vaera remarked forcing a tear in her eyes.

''His dying... wish. Oh vaera.'' Viserys hugged her to him.

''This is Hannibal.'' Vaera introduced. ''Now I have my own Lannister lion. He is the sweetest thing too.'' Vaera assured and hannibal growled behind her. ''So. Sweet.'' She repeated slowly glancing back at him and he lay down rolling over. ''Good boy.'' Vaera coed and criston took a step back. Harwin watched Hannibal as his eyes narrowed in on Alicent.

''A lion? You got a lion and thought the best place for him to be was here?'' Alicent hissed and Hannibal got up moving to vaera. She ran her hands over her stomach, the smallest of bumps forming and nodded

''We house dragons why not a lion. I was a lannister for almost ten years., as you like to remind me.'' Vaera told her. ''But I am always a dragon. Daddy it was tyons dying wish. And as you can see Hannibal is the sweetest.''

''If he makes you happy then im happy love.'' Viserys assured.

''There are children he can he put in a cave like the others.' alicent snapped as Vaera walked across the courtyard. ''You going to set your lion off on me or perhaps your dragon?'' Alicent hissed

''No. When I kill you im going to do it with my hands.'' Vaera corrected softly. ''And your eyes are going to be wide open, because i want to see the light drain from your eyes when you realize it's over, I won. You lost.'' Alicent scoffed. "Bye daddy, love ride, I think I'm going to rest."

"Of course love." Viserys said kissing her cheek. 

+

Vaera had found out about the secret passageways when she was younger thanks to her uncle Daemon. Most rooms had a passageway. Alicents included.

Vaera walked the passage way silently her steps masked as she walked delicately. When she got to the paneling she pressed her ear to the back of the panel and listened.

''You killed Harwin and Lyonel without a problem I need you to kill Vaera. I need you to do it. Fast.'' Alicent hissed ''as in tonight.''

''Killing my family is one thing but killing the kings favorite person in the world. That will cost you.''

Larys. Vaera seethed. Criston was right. He needed to go too.

Alicent put her feet up on the table before him.

''Anything at all. I just want her dead.'' Alicent confirmed. Vaera waited listening to the soft moans coming from the room before it stopped. A loud hiss escaped his lips and she heard footsteps. The door sealed and the floor boards creaked again.

''Sweet Vaera.'' Alicent muttered. "Perfect Vaera... Lets see how sweet she is on a pyre.'' Vaera rolled her eyes as she gently pushed open the passage way. Alicent was still muttering and murmuring to herself and didnt notice vaera slip in.

''You killed the love of my life.'' Vaera spoke up and Alicent spun around

''How did you get in here? Gu-" Alicent began but vaera was at her in an instant. Hand over her mouth she pushed her back.

''You and larys and no doubt your father had  Harwin and gael and lyonel killed.'' Vaera said holding back tears as Alicent struggled in her surprisingly strong grip. ''I warned you when I came I would do it with my own hands and your eyes would be wide open.'' Vaera reminded her. ''The time has come.'' Alicent trashed in her grip. "Your time has come."

''Harwin taught me a bit of self defense.'' Vaera informed her. ''Daemon taught me that if you are angry enough have a strong enough drive or passion, hatred it can give you the strength to be unstoppable.'' Vaera walked her back towards the window. Hand still wrapped around her nose and mouth the other hand gripped tightly in alicents hair.

''Nyra and my mother taught me what a good queen looks like. My father knows im an angel. I wouldnt hurt a fly. My father who you and yours manipulated into getting a crown. My wonderful father who I love more than anyone alive. He taught me to fight for whats right and make the most of any situation. I think deep down he meant killing the green monster taking residence in the castle.'' Alicent continued to squirm as vaera leaned her back out the window. She was feeling lightheaded as vaeras grip tightened.

''Wouldn't it be poetic for you to die in a blazing fire?'' Vaera remarked. ''But no. You killed yourself.'' Alicents eyes went wide. ''You couldnt handle. You snapped. Everyone knew you were mental after you attacked Nyra. You jump.'' Vaera told her and Alicent's eyes darted to the window. "You jumped because you lost your damn mind..."

''Wha-''

Vaera snapped her neck. Alicent slumped down immediately and vaera used that adrenaline rush and pushed her out the window. She didnt take the time to admire her work. She had to leave. Someone would notice and someone would scream. Vaera sealed up the passage way again and she was making her way back when she heard a scream echoing and bells tolling around her. She moved fast and faster still. She pushed open her door and criston was already standing in her room. She sealed up the passage and calmly walked to him.

''The queen is dead.'' He said in monotone.

''Pity.'' Vaera answered. ''Celebratory cookie?''

 ''Celebratory cookie?''