Heartbreak

5.1k words

Warnings: fighting, angst.

*

The Grand Line.

Fifty five women including myself sailed across the treacherous ocean waves. Everyday felt like a struggle. Many of them have never been off the island and became homesick. Others got seasick from the constant motion of the ship rocking against the waves. The Kuja pirates and I had to teach everyone what needed to be done in order to keep this boat afloat and how not to drift out to sea.

We fought with both experienced pirates and rookies who wanted to prove themselves. Every last one of them were defeated but it was bittersweet. If we could take down so many enemies, then why was it so hard for us to take down the one that mattered?

Speaking of the one that mattered, we trained every single day, rain or shine to get stronger. We pushed ourselves to new limits and never complained because we would need this to defeat our enemy. We had something to prove and wouldn't let them defeat us a second time.

I spent most of my time at the helm of the ship watching where we were going. Ace's vivre card never once showed signs of damage so I knew he was alright which comforted me a little. I knew it shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself. I've cared about him for so long. I know I'll never be able to turn off that side of me even if a small part of me wished I could stop.

My emotions were very conflicting and all over the place.

I sat on the bench at the helm. The Kuja women finished training over an hour ago and the sun was beginning to set. Majority of the warriors went to go get ready for bed as today felt especially long. They were taking turns to wash up and others were cooking dinner.

The log pose and Ace's vivre card we're pointing in the same direction so I kept the wheel steady.

"Snake Princess!" Marguerite calls out from the crows nest and I look up letting her know she's got my attention. "We're approaching land!"

"Got it!" I yell back up to her. It took a little while longer for me to be able to spot the island but when I did, I felt like I was suppose to be here. I had an immediate connection without ever having stepped foot on this island before.

I turn the ship west to try and find a port for us to dock at. Normally I would skip by smaller islands but we were running low on our food supply.

This was a necessary stop on our travel to find help.

I looked at the log pose but from the corner of my eye, I could see Ace's vivre card slightly changing direction and pointing towards the island. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I looked towards the piece of land.

He was there.

I finally saw a port and there were plenty of ships docked. Among them only one stood out and that was the ship with the Whitebeard logo on it. My eyes stay transfixed on it as I walk away from the helm. "Belladonna take over." I command the woman closest to me.

Jumping on the snake figurehead, I sit cross legged on the front of the head deep in my emotions. To decipher how I was feeling at the moment would be a heavy task. There were so many emotions running through me I wouldn't know where to begin.

I think I felt mostly anxious. I would have to refrain myself from showing any real emotion around Ace, my husband. It would be hard since I haven't seen him for over half a year. Part of me wanted to jump on him and give him a thousand kisses but the other part told me it would be best to stay cold. My cold side would ultimately end up winning that fight as today wasn't about me.