.five.

attention

"Girl just talk to him." Jamila huffed from the passenger seat of y/n's car.

"I can't, it's awkward." Y/n sighed.
"Just because he looks like hood nigga doesn't mean he acts like one."

Jamila chucked as they pulled into y/n's driveway.

"Then find a reason to talk to him. You slithered your way into his house the first time. do it again."

"That's different." She laughed, pulling into the driveway and parking the car. Once she got out, she heard a small voice calling her name.

"Y/NNNNN" She looked across the street, noticing Aiden standing in the doorway of his house, little fists gripping the knob.

"Hi aiden!" She smiled, waving at him.

"IS MARCUS THERE?" He asked.

"He's on his way home!" she yelled back.

"CAN HE COME OVER TODAY?"

"If it's okay with your mom!"

Aiden ran back into the house, leaving door wide open. The girls looked at each other, holding back a little laughter. When Aiden returned, he had an annoyed looking Jahseh behind him.

"What did ma tell you about opening the door by yourself?" Jah said, lightly smacking the back of the boy's head.

"MOMMY ISNT HERE, JAHSEH SAID ITS FINE!" Aiden yelled.

"Are you sure?" Y/n yelled, more to Jahseh than to Aiden.

"Yeah." Jahseh called out.

"Okay, he'll be home soon!" Y/n said before waving and opening the door for Jamila.

____

"Your mom is working today?" Jamila asked, rolling another blunt over the book in her lap.

"Yeah, she's been working a lot of nights lately." Y/n said, slowly blowing smoke out of her mouth. She was laying back on her bed while Jamila sat in her desk chair.

"In that case are you coming out to Karey's party tomorrow night?" Jamila asked before picking up her lighter.

"J it's a school night—"

"Oh come on, all you do is sit homeeee."

"I'll think about it." Y/n mumbled.
"Now cmon get aired out before go to get Marcus."

"Why?" Jamila raised an eyebrow.

"Because I don't want to go to that boys house smelling like weed!"

"Look at him! He definitely smokes. Probably does heroine too."

"JAMILA!"

____

"Thank you for watching them" Y/n smiled, waiting for Marcus to collect his things at the door.

"No sweat." Jahseh said quietly.
"My ma put your painting up."

Jahseh motioned for the two girls to come inside, leading them to the painting in question hanging over the mantle.

"I'm glad she liked it." Y/n said quietly, Jahseh at her side.

"Im ready!" Marcus said, coming down the stairs.

"Then we must be going, little man. Say bye to aiden." Y/n said, walking to the door.

She watched as the two exchanged hugs at the door.

"My brother thinks you're pretty." Aiden said with a snaggle-tooth smile, looking up at Y/n. Jahseh's eyes snapped down at him.

Y/n laughed, her stomach fluttering.

"I think your brother is pretty too." She replied, Jamila snickering at her side.

"Thank you again Jahseh." She said, finally leading Marcus away from the door.

"You think he's pretty girl??" Jamila teased as soon as they were out of ear shot.

"Shut upppppp!"