.eight.

Again

When Y/n and Jamila walked into the cafeteria that afternoon. Y/n noticed there was a small group of people formed around Jahseh at a table in the corner. He was sitting down, talking to them with a small smile on his face.

'we'll look at you Mr.popular😏'

Y/n texted him as her and Jamila sat down with a couple more friends.

'I thought I was Mr.Mysterious?'

'You are, but now you're Mr.Popular too.'

She didn't know why those people were crowding him, but she assumed it was for a good reason based on his facial expressions.

That afternoon, she leaned on the hood of her car in the parking lot, waiting for Jahseh to come outside.

"You look like a character from GTA." He said, approaching the car and opening the driver's side door for her.

"If you think I'm hot, you can just say that." Y/n teased.

"I think you're hot." Jahseh said before closing the door and walking to the other side.

Y/n shook her head as she started the car, pulling out of the parking lot and onto the road.

"Are we friends?" Jahseh said suddenly, turning off his phone and placing it in his lap. Y/n blinked.

"I'd like to think so, unless you feel otherwise." She replied.

"I don't." Jahseh said.

"Then yes, we're friends."

Jahseh nodded. It was quiet for a moment.

"Soooooooo friend. Would you like to help me study so your favorite friend doesn't fail Physics?" He said, batting his eyelashes at her with a grin.

"Woah woah, who promoted you to favorite?" Y/n laughed.

"I did." Jahseh said.

"It's Jamila THEN MAYBE you." Y/n corrected.

"Mann." Jahseh huffed looking out the window.

"But yes, Ill help you study, friend." She giggled.

____

"Y/n that doesn't make any senseeeee." Jahseh whined, falling backwards onto the floor from his seated position.

"Yes it does, you just have to understand the formula." Y/n replied, sitting across from him on the floor.

Jahseh's room was interesting. The walls were black, with one grey accent wall. He had posters of bob marley, old kanye, Lauren hill, Harley davidson, and some video games hung around. It was pretty clean, hit bed was un-made and there were a couple articles of clothing thrown about but that was it.

There was music playing from a small speaker on his dresser. Y/n rested her chin on her knees, watching Jahseh who was still laid out on his back. The two sat there quietly, listening to a woman sing about being taken for granted, and before y/n knew it, Jahseh was singing along softly into the empty spaces of the song.

"Ooh, she's screaming in my head
Ooh, I left her where I slept
Somewhere, I can't escape"

He seemed so calm, he was always calm but he was even more calm now. Jahseh didn't strike her as the singing type.

"I'm running from myself
Somewhere in between in love and broken, I'm in hell"

When the woman's voice striked up again, he sang along with her, eyes opening to watch the ceiling. And once the song finished, he sat up and began cracking his knuckles.

He looked over, making eye contact with y/n.

"What?" She looked at him in almost awe, stars in her eyes. It made his heart skip a little beat.

"You have a beautiful voice." She said softly, picking her textbook back up.

"Now, I think you should try that last question again."

____