.eleven.

SAD

Y/n didn't hear from Jahseh for 3 days. She didn't drive him to school, she didn't see him in the halls, she didn't see him at home. She was starting to believe he was ghosting her.

That friday, y/n was laid out on the couch with her mother and Marcus, watching an MTV show that came out a couple months ago. Then suddenly, her phone rang. Y/n picked it up and looked at the contact.

"It's Ms.Cleopatra." Y/n said, getting up.

"Hello?" She said, answering the phone and walking into the kitchen.

"Hey y/n, are you busy?" she asked.

"Not really, is everything okay...?"

"It's Jahseh. I noticed he hasn't really been in his normal mood. Have you talked to him recently?"

"No ma'am, I'm not sure if he really wants to talk to me right now." y/n mumbled a little glumly.

"I'm not sure what happened between the two of you, but you're the only friend I know he has here, and I think he could use someone other than his mother trying to talk to him."

Y/n thought for a moment.
"Can I come over?"

____

Y/n stood in front of Jahseh's door for a while, just staring at the knob and wondering what to say.

just go in there, it's gonna be fine

She knocked on the door, once then twice. There was a very muffled and quiet 'yeah' from inside. Y/n opened the door slowly, peering in.

The overhead light was off, the only light in the room coming from a blue led lamp. Jahseh was sitting at his desk, scrolling through phone. He turned to see who was at the door, and he stilled when he noticed it was y/n.

he's making that face again, the one I saw at school.

"Long time no see, huh?" She said awkwardly.

"What do you want?" He said, turning back around towards his desk.

ouch.

"To see my friend. Friends normally don't ghost each other like that." She said, coming in the room completely and closing the door.

"Mm."

She sat on the floor across the room, where she had sat when she came there to study.

"I missed you." She mumbled.

"You got what you wanted."

"What?"

"You got what you wanted, y/n. You wanted to know who I was and know you know. You know all the fucked up shit that happened to me and all the shit I did. You can go home now." She had never heard him talk that angrily before.

"How do you know what's what I wanted...?" She asked. Standing up, she walked over to his sitting form.

"Y/n go home." He said, putting his phone down and standing up in front of her.

"That's not what I want either. I wanted you to trust me enough to tell me about your past. What those people at school did wasn't fair to you." She said.

"Well now you know. You can leave." He mumbled. Under the dim lights, y/n could have sworn she could see Jahseh's eyes get glossy.

I didn't think people like him could cry.

"I'm not going to leave." She said, bringing her arms around his torso and resting her head on his chest.

"I don't care about the person the world thinks you are, Jahseh, I am not going to leave you." She said, holding onto him tightly.

It was silent, for a long time, a very long time.

Then slowly his arms came up to hug her back. He held onto her tight, his face dipping into the crook of her neck.

He sniffed once, then twice, then a couple more times. He cried lightly, but that felt like a big step for him.

Slowly y/n began stepping backwards until the back of her knees hit his bed. She lead him down softly, laying on her back and letting him curl up against her. He laid with his head on her chest, trying to calm his breath.

"It's okay, I'm right here." She mumbled, running her hands through his locs and rubbing his back until he was quiet.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"Don't be sorry." Y/n said, staring up at the ceiling.

Then slowly, Jahseh told her about how he grew up. He told her about his mom being out at work a lot, about how he went to Juvenile for misdemeanors. He told her about how he met Stokely, and about how he met ex girlfriend. He told her about the domestic abuse charges, the Rob Stone incidents, his jail time, his suicidal thoughts, his music, he told her everything.

"I had so much pent up rage in me for so long, that I had convinced myself that I had to be the villain all the time. Then one day, I didn't want to be that person anymore. I know one day I'll get karma for all the things I've done, but for now I've been trying to right my wrongs and do better." He said softly.

"I don't know if there's redemption for me, but i'll try my best."

Y/n was quite for a while, just taking in all the information she was given. She didn't quite know what to say.

"....I don't think you're a bad person Jah... If my opinion means anything to you."

"You're the one good thing that came out of me moving here, y/n. Your opinion means everything to me."

____