As Time Goes By: Part Two

Henry directs Dean where to go, and you get to an antiques and comic book store. Henry claims it used to be the place where the old Men of Letters used to be, but it's not that anymore. Henry seems sad as he touches the mark on the door that's faded.

"Alright, well, this was enlightening. Let's hit the road, huh?" Dean says impatiently.

"Give him a minute, Dean," you sigh.

"We just spent four hours driving, okay? All he did was stare out the window and request Pat Boone on the radio. He had his time."

"It's just a facade," Henry says, "a way to rook our enemies into believing we are housed elsewhere."

"Okay, enough with the decoder talk. How about you tell us what this whole 'Men of Letters' and 'Legacies' business is, or you're on your own."

"It's none of your concern."

"No, you don't get to do that," you approach him from behind. "You don't get to tell us we're legacies and then not tell us why we are. Is this because we're hunters? What do you have against hunters?"

"Aside from the unthinking, unwashed, shoot-first-and-don't-bother-to-ask-questions-later part, not much, really."

"No, fuck this. We're also John's children," Sam says.

"You're more than that, actually. My father and his father before him were both Men of Letters, as John and you two should have been. Your mother and her mother and her mother before her were witches that were super powerful, as you should also be. We're preceptors, beholders, and chroniclers of all that which man does not understand. We share our findings with a few trusted hunters--the very elite. They do the rest."

"Okay, but if you guys were such a big deal, then why haven't we--or anyone we know--ever heard of you?"

"Abaddon."

Henry opens the door to the comic bookstore and walks inside. You take Joanna out of her car seat and grab her hand before following Henry inside. This place is small but it has a very homey feel to it. If you were someone who was into comic books, then you would feel safe here.

"Henry. Why? Why'd she do it?" Sam asks, catching up to him.

"I think for this."

Henry holds up a brown box with the same symbol that was faded on the door.

"What is that?"

"I wish I knew." He places the box back into his pocket. "Abaddon attacked us the night of my final initiation. All secrets were to be revealed then."

"Let me get this straight. You traveled through time to protect something that you don't know what it does from a demon you know nothing about?" Henry stares at Dean before heading deeper into the store. "Great."

"Hand me your... walkie-talkie," Henry demands of Sam.

"You mean my phone?"

"Even better." Sam hands over his phone, and Henry places the end of the phone to his mouth. "Operator, I need Delta 457."

"Who are you not calling?" you ask.

"Our emergency number."

"Yeah, not like that, you aren't."

You grab the phone and hand it back to Sam.

"They can't all be gone. There must be another elder out there who can help us figure out how to stop Abaddon and what to do with the box."

There is a young woman at the counter with a laptop in front of her, and Dean slinks up to the counter with a smile.

"Hi, could we hijack your computer for a minute?"