Chapter 17

Duke looked over at Lioness. "Hey, want to come to my place? I'm the blacksmith of this empire  so I can lend you some weapons." Lioness asked. Blacksmith? Hm. Duke thought for a moment. "Sure!" Duke smiled. They got up and Lioness motioned Duke to fallow her. Someone came up to Lioness and shook hands with her. The stranger looked back seeing Duke. A frown came upon his face. "He's a friend, Burrow." Lioness said to the one called Burrow. "Hm." Burrow looked back in front of him. They walked some more but mostly Lioness talking with Duke. Duke got an eerie vibe from Burrow. "We're here." Lioness said. 

They walked in and Duke saw some swords, daggers, spears. Some guns and a Bow n' arrow. "You can look around, Duke." Lioness smiled. She wrapped a belt with weapons around her waist and started to talk to Burrow. Duke saw that there was two story's of the house. He went upstairs to see a dog sleeping. It was a brown whippet with a white underbelly. It perked it's ears up and opened its eyes. "Oh yea! Don't mind Shrub!" Lioness called up to Duke. Duke then walked around. There was a bed. There wasn't really anything up here. Shrub the dog then trotted over to Duke and whined to him. "Oh- yea?" Duke looked down at the whippet.

"EXCUSE ME?" He heard the sound of a sword being pulled out of its case. Duke looked over to see Burrow and Lioness both pointing swords at each other. Burrow was the first one to make a move. Trying to slash at Lioness stomach, but she blocked it. They started to block each other's moves left and right. Lioness's sword flung out of her hand. "DUKE! Would you be good and get that?" Lioness looked up. She easily dodged Burrows attack. "Sure!" Duke jumped down. He quickly got up but then Burrow whipped around. Grabbed Duke and put the sword inches away from his neck. "HEY!" Lioness growled. "We made a deal, Lioness. Give me the gold. But if you don't, his head will be in my hands." Burrow snarled. 

Lioness looked over at a fire pit where a spear (or looked liked a spear) was resting. The fire was going so the spear thing was red like the fire beneath it. Lioness picked it up. "Let. Him. Go." Lioness said carefully pointing it at Burrow. Why haven't anyone come yet? Duke wondered. It's either the fighting was really quiet or others didn't care. "Give me the gold!" Burrow demanded. Duke felt the coldness of a sword's metal on his neck. Never thought I'd die inside a blacksmith's house. Duke thought and closed his eyes. Only to hear Burrow screech. "Open your eyes Duke. He's going to die in a few." Lioness said. Duke slowly opened his eyes and looked down on the ground behind him. He didn't see it fully. He then looked back at Lioness. "Just look." She said.

Duke looked back then saw Burrow already dead with a kind of burning hole trough his head. "Did you do that...?" Duke asked. "Yea, for your life." Lioness passed Duke and grabbed the body. "How come nobody came?" Duke asked again. "Well, violence is pretty common here, they also hear loud noises all the time from er' so I don't think they even care." She then placed the body inside the fire. "Oh, so now what? Proudly say you murdered someone?" Duke said sarcastically. "Pretty much." Lioness frowned at the burning body. "Look, Duke. Things are different in this empire, o-or tribe. You can get away with murder, you can get away with stealing, well- mostly. Just- I don't want to tell anyone about this one." Lioness sighed.

Duke was shocked. Stunned. He couldn't even move. Why though? Why can they get away with brutal stuff? This isn't right. Duke thought. "That's- but that's- that's AWFUL!" Duke did an angry frown. "Duke- don't get angry, it's normal here. And I'm worried. Worried that I'll lose someone who was the one who acted like a friend, the one friend I ever had. Alright?" Lioness sniffed. The body was in full ashes now. Should I be sorry? Duke thought. The whippet went down the stairs and sat by Lioness. No, yes. No, yes. "I-I..." 'the only friend I ever had' rang in his mind. It was a thought he couldn't get rid of. "Please?" Lioness had a hurt face. It's different here. I'm not in the city anymore. "I'm sorry." Duke said. He then hugged Lioness. "Thank you for saving my life."

_______________________________

Monarch decided she'd have a nap. She got back to the jungle stalker kingdom so everything was going smoothly again. But before she got her nap, Monarch thought a good chapter of her book would be nice. "Your majesty." A servant bowed. The servant had a cup of water in her hand. "Yes, kinkajou?" Monarch looked up at her. "The meeting of the six had said that there's a nice junglestalker named Daintree, he's a good chap. He's your age." Kinkajou said hopefully. Only to droop her wings when Monarch shook her head. Kinkajou put the cup of water besides Monarch.

Monarch then thought of Frey. Frey has been highly friendly to Monarch. Her age, loves the things she mostly loved, a great singer and painter to. Pretty much every junglestalker's dream lover. He was respected by Monarch but she only thought of him as a friend. "Oh and what about that guy named Frey-" Kinkajou was cut of by Monarch spreading her wings in a sign of silence and a telling of disrespect. "I'm sorry." Kinkajou dipped her head in respect then walked out. Monarch frowned.

She then realized how rude she was. Did I just say my servant was disrespectful? Did I? She then turned to her side. She couldn't take a nap anymore. She didn't realized how rude of a queen she was. She got up and opened the curtains of her bedroom. She saw some junglestalkers flying around. Laughing. Talking. ACTUALLY TAKING A CHANCE TO LOVE SOMONE. Well, she couldn't do that anymore. She didn't want to. All her respect was to her now deceased husband. She then flew out. Maybe a fly will clear my mind