Chapter 26

(Guys, I forgot to say that Lioness has an Australian accent so yea 😭)

Duke stretched. He already said sorry to Lioness several times but, he just couldn't fit into this lifestyle. 

He walked out the room door and started heading for Lionesses place. He cheeked his phone, 28%. His phone was going to die soon. 

He swerved around some people and found Lionesses place. He knocked. No one answered so he invited himself inside. 

Lioness was sharping a spear. "Came back to say sorry again? Just give up, Duke. You can't fit into the desert like the rest of us." Lioness snapped. 

"I—I know. But maybe you can...umm- teach me?" Duke said slowly. "What? I'm ya' mentor." Lioness frowned.

"Yea, but maybe you can teach me, only for a little bit." Duke sighed. Lioness examined the new spear. "Fine. I do have to finish some weapons though." Lioness seemed way more nicer to Duke then anyone else. But why? 

Lioness walked out of her place and started heading towards some red rocks. She then swear we behind it. Still with the spear in her hands. 

"HEY! Bring a bow n' arrow!" Lioness called over to Duke. Duke went inside and garbed a bow and an arrow and went out to Lioness.

"Alright, first is defense," Lioness put the spear down and grabbed a knife from her belt. "I know how to defend myself." Duke assured Lioness. 

"Really? With what?" Lioness asked. "Taser, hand gun, witch I'm rarely supposed to use, stun gun, baton, tactical knife, etc etc." Duke replied. 

"Hm. You know how to use a bow n' arrow then?" Lioness grabbed the bow n' arrow out of Duke's hands. 

"No." Duke shrugged. "Alright, you see that feather-y thing on the back of the arrow and the string?" Lioness tapped it. 

Duke nodded. "Pull the arrow back, and let me get you a target." Lioness grabbed a big-ish rock and put it a few feet away. 

"Aim for it like your aiming a gun at the rock- I mean- stun gun. Then let it go. Lioness corrected herself. "Alright..."

Duke aimed for the rock, then pulled the arrow back and let it go. Missing by a few inches. "Oop." Duke sighed. 

"Um...er- it's alright?" Lioness said slowly. "I'm sorry- I'm not a mentor. Never had been." Lioness shrugged.

"Its okay." Duke smiled to Lioness. Lioness smiled back. "Here, let's try a few more times." Lioness said. "Be right back!" 

Lioness came back with a small bog of bow n' arrows. Duke grabbed one and tried again. Again, again, and again. 

"UGH." Duke scowled. "Don't worry, wanna rest for a little while? I'v been standing here FOREVER and I feel like my legs will fall off!"

Duke looked up. The peach sky was slowly turning into a blue-purple color. "Sure." Duke agreed. "I know a GREAT place to rest! Lioness announced.

"What is it?" Duke asked. "You'll just have to fallow me." Lioness grabbed the stuff and started walking towards her place. Duke fallowed.

Lioness Cassidy dropped the stuff on the ground of her place. "SHRUB! Where going to be out pretty late." Lioness Called out to her whippet.

Shrub happily trotted towards them. "Did you feed him?" Duke petted Shrub. "Yea." 

Lioness basically shrunk down to Shrub's bight and said something in Spanish. "Alright, let's go." Lioness nudged Duke out.

Duke smiled at Lioness. What was he feeling? What the- hm? This feeling? Duke walked out with Lioness.

Duke and Lioness started talking. They hopped over some rocks until they got to a ledge. Lioness sat down.