Chapter 23

Duke looked over to Daisy who kind of freaking out. He then looked back at Lioness who was gazing around.

"We gotta know how much more days where going to be inside this STUPID DESERT!" Daisy cried. "Well- we have to know by Snake Rattler." Duke sighed. "OH MY GODDDDDDDD." Daisy snapped to herself.

"Who the hell is that?" Lioness frowned. Daisy whirled around to look at Lioness. "Lioness! Not be mean but, don't be a jerk." Duke said. "Fair enough. I'm going to feed Shrub." Lioness walked inside the house. 

"Thanks, Duke." Daisy smiled to him. "It's alright." Duke smiled back. "Why is she such a jerk? She's SUPER annoying. She doesn't even mind her own business! I'm going to see Cactus." Daisy waved good bye to Duke and walked off. 

Is she really that annoying? Duke wondered. No, she's nice. Duke looked at his phone. 83%. "Hm." Duke looked at his photos. He got a few pictures with some other people then Princess Bluemoon. Then the flashback of him almost dying shot through his mind.

The cold blade. He somehow felt it. He scratched his neck then felt his cheek. The scar was still there. He never thought this would happen to him. Going with two criminals to a Desert that's really violent. 

Duke walked inside Lionesses house and saw her petting Shrub the whippet who's as eating. "What is he eating? Duke asked. "Oryx." Lioness replied. "How did you get it?" Duke asked again. "Oh! I don't get it, actually. There's hunters that get the food. You'll get used to it when you live inside the desert." Lioness shrugged. 

"Wait so, you guys eat random desert food-" Duke frowned. "Yea! Like I said, you'll get used to it. What do you city people eat?" Lioness grabbed Shrub's bowl and put it away. Then grabbed a hatchet and started to sharpen it. 

"We eat salads, steak, sandwiches, all that normal stuff. We do eat animals though." Duke shrugged. "Really? We eat salads to. Have you never had a scorpion before?" 

Duke paused. "Scorpion?" Duke sat down on a chair. "Yea, it's great!" Lioness said cheerfully. "You want to try some?" Lioness put the hatchet away. "Where though?"

Lioness nudged Duke out of the house. "C'mon, fallow me." Lioness started walking. "Alright."

About a minute later, Lioness swerved into a place made out red rock. "Here!" Lioness smiled at Duke. Then a man came up who awkwardly smiled at Lioness. "Lioness! Would you like a place to sit?"

Duke scanned around. Seeing people talking. It looked like your normal restaurant. 

"Yea, Sunstone. Don't try to be our waitress." Lioness frowned. "Excuse me, our?" The guy named Sunstone looked at Duke. "Just get us a table." Lioness snapped. 

"Sunstone, I got this." Someone said to Sunstone. "Alright, you two, fallow me." The other guy smiled at Duke and Lioness. "Thanks, Topaz. Anywho, this is my new friend! Duke!" Lioness looked at Duke. "Well, it's nice to meet you Duke. And here's you're guy's table." 

The two sat down and Topaz gave them menus. "I'll be back soon." Topaz smiled at them two. "Who was that guy?" Duke asked. 

"Oh, he's just a guy who got really clingy to me. I NEVER liked him. He still try's to talk to me. Not a lot of people know yet." Lioness snarled to herself. 

"Clingy-" Duke whispered to himself. Looking down. "Am I like that-" Duke looked back at Lioness. "WHAT? No!" Lioness assured Duke. "Your hyper, and I mostly live with hyper."

Lioness smiled at Duke. Then Topaz came back with some water. "So are you guys ready?" He asked. "A scorpion, only one." Lioness said. "Wow, only one? Alright." Topaz walked off