Chapter 25

Daisy woke up to see a child sorting out herbs. Daisy yawned. "OH! Hey-! Good morning umm...Daisy!" The child awkwardly smiled at her.

"Good morning...I guess." Daisy looked around. Where's Fennec? She thought. "Who are you?" Daisy asked. "I'm obsidian," The child started. 

"You might be wondering- what is a kid doing here? I'm an apprentice for the medics! It's a pretty boring job. But a month ago, we had to take care of a LOT a of people. ANYWHO, my mentor, Mugla said that you're alright to go!" 

"Oh- thanks. Is Snake Rattler back yet?" Daisy asked. "No, not yet. Have you heard story's about him? I wanted to meet him up close but Mugla didn't let me!" 

Daisy wondered when Snake was going to be back. She didn't want Snake to be alone. Even though she knows that he can protect himself. 

"Alright...I'm going now, thanks for the information." Daisy got up. "You're welcome!" Obsidian waved. Daisy quickly walked out. 

"Have you heard about the princes death?"

"It's presumed he got stabbed or shot in the chest. May the spirits help him."

"It's sounds like you're spreading dissension."

"I am NOT, Asp!"

"Please stop talking. You're making everyone uncomfortable."

"BLASTED! I'm not, just saying true things!" 

"Can we at least ONCE make appease without fighting?"

"Let's just take a pinch of salt from Brittle for a few minutes?

"I hope Apophis comes back alive and kills you!"

My god. Daisy thought. I hope Snake's ok. What's if he's not? SHUT UP Daisy! He's alright. Stop thinking about that! Wait- who's Apophis?

Daisy went to join the conversation. "Who's Apophis?" Daisy asked. The little group that was fighting looked at her like she was a murder.

"You don't know who Apophis is?" One tilted there head. "I'LL TELL HER!" Somone with a British accent instead. "Long, longgggggg, LONGGGG-" 

"SHUT IT, BLUEBELL!" Someone snapped. "MY SPIRITS! JUST LET ME TELL HER!" Bluebell snapped. "Ugh." 

"So basically, the 'long ago' blah blah blah, Apophis was a VERY powerful guy with magic! You wouldn't get a hope in hell with him-" 

"Can you just tell me." Daisy unexpectedly demanded. "YEA! I thought you where a good storyteller, what the fuck happened?" 

"Fine, fine, Apophis had the magic of a billion crystals. He used the magic for good. He met someone named Lady Nevada. Lady Nevada also had magic. Anyway, good doesn't for long. He made the desert a dangerous place. He had three kids who he controlled with every command. Apophis created the dark spirits. But Lady Nevada stopped him. She created light spirits. Those who are good go with the light spirits and those who are bad go with the dark spirits. Lady Nevada created a amulet and a scroll that was powerful. SUPER POWERFUL. She then hid away. Hid away from everything. No one knows if she's dead or not. But everyone knows that Apophis is dead. At least they think......ANYWAY, that's the Apophis short version for ya!" 

Daisy paused. "Wow...that's- cool! You're Bluebell- right?" Daisy smiled. "Yea! I also forgot some things. Lady Nevada led the sandstalkers to there kingdom," Bluebell started. 

"In the Lady Nevada temple, it says that THIS is how Apophis EXACTLY worded to curse this desert," Bluebell started.

"The desert shall have danger lurking in every corner. The dunes shall be scorching, the people shall be dying. Nothing can stop any of it. The desert will never be safe again. Mysterious, right?"