Chapter 32

Duke would look at the people around him. Some people were acting serious for some reason. Some people just went over to the music and were having a good time listing to it. Duke had finished his call with Captain Bennet a hour ago, he was worried for Duke.

"Hey Duke! Wanna try out the scorpion- it's alright if you don't." Lioness would smile at Duke.

Duke would think for a moment. "Of course! I'm sorry I was a jerk the first time. This place just feels like a whole different world- and it's confusing." 

Lioness would tilt her head. "It's alright, you were a jerk. It was just the conversation I started. I'll promise to keep it settle for you." She would promise.

"Alright, c'mon!" Duke would get up and so would Lioness. They would walk out and he heard people groan.

"Pft, don't mind them, they just get bored." Lioness would chuckle. "Have they heard music other then the band's before?" Duke would ask.

Lioness would tilt her head. "Hmm...sometimes people get pet lyrebirds and they train them to sing certain tunes. It's pretty cool. But nothing can beat shrub."

Duke chuckled. Shrub had gotten used to Duke very well, Duke actually got to pet him.

"We're here!" Lioness would walk in the restaurant, seeming pretty excited. Duke felt a little guilty about bursting out at Lioness, Lioness didn't seem to care.

The host led them to their table and they sat across from each other. They'd start to talk about random stuff, nothing uncomfortable, just normal talking. They the scorpion, with a  side of brown stuff. It smelled like chocolate.

Duke examined it. "What is that?" He asked. "Oh! That's just something called a lava cake- I heard that it's pretty good."

A lava cake, where did they get that so far out into the desert? "How did you guys get this?" Duke asked.

Lioness paused for a second. "The...the city folk wanted the desert people to take the recipe! It's a pretty old recipe but I hope it's good."

"It is good! It's very good. It has melted chocolate inside. Also, what do I do with the tail of the scorpion? It still has the stinger on it."

"Oo! That sounds great! And you just break the telson off, it's easy." Lioness smiled. 

Duke looked down at the small scorpion. "Do I just eat it like that then?" Duke asked. "Yep!" Lioness answered, poking the cake with a utensil.

Hm. Duke broke the 'telson' off and poked the scorpion. Duke scanned around then looked back at Lioness. He then nibbled a little bit of the scorpion, it was strangely good.

"So, Lioness. Since you guys are a empire...don't you guys have colonies?" Duke asked. 

Lioness stopped poking the lava cake. "Of course! Like the Sundance colony and the Owlned colony."

Duke would sigh, "That's cool. Do they do specific stuff?" He asked.

Lioness would nod. "Yes! A lot of them are spies and half-bloods. The Sundance colony mostly wears yellow while the Owlnes colony wears mostly brown. Coyote likes to keep stuff organized with the people." 

Duke noticed Lioness poking the cake. "You can have some." He would hand Lioness the plate. Lioness would smile, "Thanks!"

"It taste awesome." He would smile. Lioness would take the plate and dig a fork into the cake. Chocolate would then spill out. 

Lioness seemed surprised. "Ah. Is that the chocolate?" Lioness would ask. Duke would nod, "Yep." 

Lioness would smile happily and taste the cake. "Mm! I really like the flavor- I hadn't had chocolate in a long time."