Chapter 21

| HAPPY HALLOWEENNNNN! Anyway, my family will not be celebrating Halloween this year so yea. ❤️ |

Snake Rattler and Cactus went to the food stand. "You loved me ever since childhood, didn't you?" Cactus asked. Putting some fruit from the junglestalkers on his plate. "W-well, yes. Pretty much. But you were placed with that Primrose." Snake Rattler sighed. "Hm. I didn't want to be placed with Primrose. I always thought she was to sassy and rude." Cactus snorted. 

"Exactly. She was always rude to me. But when em' half-bloods were around she acted like I was her best friend for years." Snake Rattler frowned. "By the way, your the only half-blood here. Where are the others?" Snake asked. "Oh, they didn't want to come." Cactus shrugged. "Why aren't you eating?" Cactus looked over at Snake who was just scanning the food. "I'm not hungry ." Snake sighed. Snake Rattler looked up at the stage.

"Ey, June's talking to Prince Vulture." Snake smiled at Cactus. "HE IS?" Cactus whipped over to the stage. Cactus trotted over to Snake. "He's talking to Prince Vulture of t the sandstalkers! I bet he's going to become friends with him! Isn't that amazing?!" Cactus smiled happily to Snake Rattler. "Of course." Snake nodded. "Let's sit back at the table where Coyote is. I can tell him!" 

Snake Rattler liked on how Cactus was happy. He followed him. Only to see Coyote being surrounded by a lot of people and animals while Coyote had his eyes closed. "HEY. SHOO!" Cactus growled. Everyone looked over to him and everyone started to slowly step away. Coyote still had his eyes closed. "Coyote, ya alright?" Snake asked. Coyote winched. "Hm- I'm fine.."

Cactus sat down by Coyote and tapped him. "No. Your not." Cactus said sternly. Snake Rattler sat down in an other chair, leaving the two to there business. 

Wait. Did I really just kiss Cactus. My spirits. Snake Rattler, do you think Cactus was all calm about it? I mean, he did say I love you back. "Snake!" Cactus called to Snake. It seemed like Cactus gave his plate if fruit to Coyote. Who was slowly eating them. "You know what- let's leave Coyote alone, no one will come up to him now that he's eating." Cactus sighed. Snake Patted his shoulder. "C'mon. Looks like the sun is starting to set a little bit." Snake looked up. 

"Maybe we can be alone for a little while. With everyone out of the way." Cactus smirked. "Hm. Seems good." Snake Rattler smiled. "I know a great place!" Cactus nudged Snake and giggled. Cactus trotted off while Snake fallowed. Cactus jumped on top of a rock and tripped. "Oop- you alright?" Snake asked jumped over to him. "Yea. I'm fine." Cactus got up.

"We're almost there." Cactus assured Cactus. They jumped up a few rocks before Cactus sat down on a ledge with his legs hanging. Snake sat down next to him. "Where did you find this place?" Snake Rattler asked. "Oh, well, when I was finally aloud to be inside the desert council, I wondered around. Then I found this place." Cactus sighed. "It's great, isn't it?" Cactus asked.

Snake Rattler nodded. Looking at the plains alone. Some animals and humans talking but not that much. "What happens over em years while I was gone...five years exactly." Snake tapped his chin. "A long time! Anyway, you know about the oasis. Queen monarch had a son and a spouse. But the son killed the father, the son died a little after. I think that's why Monarch got more grumpy. Katydid got extremely sick. June Bug. And I made a wish." Cactus yawned.

"What did you wish for?" Snake asked. Scooting closer to Cactus. "I-I want to keep that private." Cactus sighed. "I understand." Snake Rattler smiled at Cactus. "Did you do anything while you were gone for five years?" Cactus asked. "You wanna know?" Snake Rattler chuckled. "All of it! I won't tell anyone."  Cactus laid his head down on Snakes shoulder. "Once I left. I went to sandstalker kingdom. Nobody noticed. Sneaked into the castle and said 'stole' Queen Taipans crown."